cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

6700xt overclocking

Hey everyone, 

I have some questions about overclocking this GPU. first off, i'm rather new to this so please forgive me. 

I've seen some videos where they were tuning the 6700xt, however when I attempt to overclock, I've had 2 crashes so far. One was almost immediately, the the other was a few days later. 

Currently, I had the settings at:

min frequency: 2500MHZ

Max Frequency: 2600MHZ

Voltage: 1160mV

VRAM: Fast timing/2112MHz

max Fan speed 100%

Power Limit 15%

With these settings i'm getting GPU CUR temp around 70c and GPU Junc temp around 85c. I ran a stress test for about 60s and it seemed to run fine. However, the first crash I had I had the Voltage around 1150 (crashed almost immediately) so I figured I would turn up the voltage to 1160mV. Now, that was fine for about 2 days and my drivers crashed while not in game, my PC was in standby at the time. 

Is there any actual advice for overclocking that would help me out with this? What settings have worked for other people? Also, with these driver crashes kill my GPU after a while? Or are they just an annoyance meaning you need to adjust your voltage more? Also, what is the safe range for temp for these GPUs? 

0 Likes
0 Replies