cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Iceman8204
Journeyman III

6700xt Does Not Appear in Device Manager

• To give some background I have a GTX 980ti, recently upgraded to a 6700xt. I ran DDU and shut down my machine, I inserted my new GPU and no video signal. I could hear my PC boot up and entered my password without video. I could hear discord and everything so I switched my display port to my mobo. My GPU does not appear in Device manager. Although the RGB lights up and the fans spin on boot.

Fix actions I have taken.

• Updated BIOS
  • Used DDU to cleanup all drivers
  • Bought and installed new cables for my PSU
  • Tested 6700xt GPU in a friend's machine (it works)
  • Swapped with my old GPU and it works.
  • Attempted to run Adrenalin and it says no AMD hardware detected
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Checked for unknown devices in Device Manager
  • Checked for anything resembling a GPU in Device Manager
  • Turned off "allow device to power down" for all USBs in Device manager power options

I have an ASRock z390 Phantom Gaming 7, i9-9900k, EVGA G2 Supernova 850w PSU, 2tb Crucial M.2., 6700xt Gigabyte.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Iceman8204
Journeyman III

Hey there! 

So I've double checked that the power connectors on both my power supply and the gpu they are snug and secure as well as replacing the cables.

The ASRock z390 Gaming 7 and the RX 6700 XT from Gigabyte appear to be compatible, I can't find anything online that suggests otherwise.

I have removed and reinstalled the GPU multiple times in every PCIE slot that I have.

My motherboard drivers/BIOS have each been updated to the most recent version on the ASRock Website.

I have combed the BIOS relentlessly for anything I could be missing including 4g decoding and PCIE options. All is set to enabled. I know the slot is working because my old GPU runs fine.

If I disable the iGPU the only way I can turn it back to see what I'm doing is to use my old GPU.

I cannot install the drivers from the AMD website as there is nothing showing up in device manager to install it to even when I show hidden devices.

I guess I will contact Gigabyte to see what they have to say.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
hardypasina
Journeyman III

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Double-check the power supply connections to the graphics card. Ensure all necessary power connectors are securely attached.

2. Verify that your motherboard's PCIe slot is compatible with the 6700xt. Consult your motherboard's documentation to confirm compatibility and make sure the card is properly seated in the slot.

3. Update the drivers for your motherboard. Visit the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your specific model.

4. Check the BIOS settings for any options related to PCIe slots or graphics configuration. Ensure they are properly configured and that any necessary settings, such as PCIe Gen compatibility, are correctly set.

5. In the BIOS settings, look for an option to disable integrated graphics (iGPU) if you have one. Sometimes, this can cause conflicts with the dedicated graphics card.

6. Download the latest drivers for your 6700xt graphics card from the AMD website. Perform a clean installation of the drivers following the provided instructions.

7. If none of the above steps work, it would be best to contact the support team of your motherboard or graphics card manufacturer. They can provide further assistance and guidance specific to your hardware configuration.

0 Likes
Iceman8204
Journeyman III

Hey there! 

So I've double checked that the power connectors on both my power supply and the gpu they are snug and secure as well as replacing the cables.

The ASRock z390 Gaming 7 and the RX 6700 XT from Gigabyte appear to be compatible, I can't find anything online that suggests otherwise.

I have removed and reinstalled the GPU multiple times in every PCIE slot that I have.

My motherboard drivers/BIOS have each been updated to the most recent version on the ASRock Website.

I have combed the BIOS relentlessly for anything I could be missing including 4g decoding and PCIE options. All is set to enabled. I know the slot is working because my old GPU runs fine.

If I disable the iGPU the only way I can turn it back to see what I'm doing is to use my old GPU.

I cannot install the drivers from the AMD website as there is nothing showing up in device manager to install it to even when I show hidden devices.

I guess I will contact Gigabyte to see what they have to say.

0 Likes

Did you find a fix for this? I am having the same problem. any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Likes