Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

guxtavenhowbr
Journeyman III

6650xt questions, stuttering, freeze

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a 6650 XT graphics card, but I've noticed a few things that are concerning me. I ran the Furmark test, and the card doesn't reach 100%, only 99% and 98%, which is said to be normal. It reaches 156 FPS in Furmark without any issues. At first, it was getting high temperatures, but I did an undervolt, and it improved significantly, except for the hotspot, which still gets high, reaching 95 degrees during the 2-minute Furmark tests. I haven't tested it for longer than that, but everything seems fine.

However, I noticed some stuttering in games like Valorant, NFS Heat, and Spiderman. They were minor stutters, but after the undervolt, it improved a lot, though I still get some minor stutters in games like Valorant. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600.

Now, I have another question. When I stressed the GPU using AIDA64, the PC simply freezes. It kind of becomes unresponsive or slow. Even without using the Adrenalin software, when I selected the stress test option, the GPU starts to freeze. Do you consider this normal, or could it be some kind of bottleneck? Maybe a driver issue or something else? I’d really like to know what I can do to improve this card because I really like it, but I'm afraid of potential long-term problems.

Also, I notice a bit of sluggishness when I'm in a game and press Alt-Tab to switch to Google. It's very slight, but I'm not sure if it's normal.

Thank you!

0 Likes
0 Replies