cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

6650xt not detecting OpenCL

I bought 3 weeks ago new asrock challanger rx 6650 xt and i have problem with opencl i can't launch any app that base on opencl because it doesn't see gpu or immediately crash like any vram stress test and when i open gpu-z it dosen't have tick on opencl same on gpu caps viewer. I tried to reinstal drivers but it didn't help at all.

gpu2.pnggpuz.png

0 Likes
4 Replies

Normally when I see an API that should be check marked and it isn't in GPU-Z like yours concerning OPENCL, I would say to re-install the AMD Driver again since that is what enables OpenCL on your GPU card and the AMD driver is probably not correctly installed.

Try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD driver package again.

See if OpenCL is now enabled on your GPU card.

But what I find rather peculiar is that all the correct APIs are enabled for your GPU card except OpenCl.

As far as I am aware, AMD Driver is what enables and installs the OpenCL for your GPU card. So it might be an issue with your AMD Driver installation. Thus try installing it again cleanly.

Here is the latest 6650XT driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-radeon-rx-6600-series/amd-rade...

NOTE: After doing a clean installation of the AMD driver and or updating it to the latest version and still OpenCL is not showing as being enabled on your GPU Card I would open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and see if it is a known bug in the AMD driver itself from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

0 Likes

I did everything by your instruction but still don't work looks like i have to send support ticket as you said anyway thanks for help

0 Likes

Looks like to me it is either a GPU hardware issue or possibly a Windows issue.

Run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following simple command to check your Windows installation. You can paste & copy this command to Command Prompt or Powershell:

SFC /scannow

Also make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update to eliminate Windows as the problem.

0 Likes

powershell found minor problem but it's nothing with graphic drivers etc. windows is updated as well so only what remain is send card on warranty and then maybe they will find any hardware problem anyway i got small artefacts in few games and apps so maybe this is a problem thanks for spend time.