cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bishop_VFX
Journeyman III

6650XT - Core vs Junction temp huge Delta

I've recently started having an issue with an XFX MERC 308 RX 6650XT where the junction temp has been hitting 112-115*C while the core temp hasn't been exceeding 65*C and while I know that AMD Has stated that 110*C Junction is expected under certain loads, it seems like having a 50*C delta T is a little outside of the realm of reasonable. This is happening when the rig is relatively idle

This is occurring with default tuning settings in Adrenaline. I've started using the Undervolt tune and that dropped the Junction and Core temps by about 10*C but the 50*C Delta remains. I've also pulled the side panel off of the case and had the GPU temp drop by a couple degrees, but not anything that I would consider "earth shattering".

The card is idling at 56*C Core - 58*C Junction using the default tune

Using the Adrenaline Stress Test function for 60 seconds the card performs much more as expected with Core hitting 57*C and Junction hitting 78*C

Rig is an
AMD Ryzen 5800X cooled by a Corsair H100i with the rad positioned at the top of the case, 2x120mm fans exhausting air through the rad.
ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Case is a Lian Li Lan Cool 2 RGB version
3x 120mm intake at the front, 1x120mm exhaust at the rear
Ambient is about 25*C

0 Likes
0 Replies