cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jjdavenport
Journeyman III

6600XT crash (black screen)

I have had a problem with my 6600xt GPU the last few weeks where it crashes and goes to a black screen, I have a 750W PSU so I doubt its cause by a lack of power, I have also removed and reinstalled the AMD drivers and continue to have the problem, anyone have any ideas? 

0 Likes
10 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

PSU should be plenty, depending if it's a good quality one?

Try swapping the monitor cable, if it's a cheap cable or has been bent or removed/inserted too many times, it could be damaged.

Also, try turning off enhanced sync..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Monitor cable change did not work, no enhanced sync on. 

0 Likes
Deemon69
Elite

Good afternoon! Sorry, English is not my native language, so in the previous message through the online translator I received an incomprehensible message. Try disabling the amd streaming audio device in Device Manager and see if the issue persists.

0 Likes

Amd streaming disable did not work. 

0 Likes
spicegod
Adept II

Yo

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in chrome and discord.

It has fixed my random black screens with driver crashes. I saw it in a couple of threads like this one>

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/random-black-screen-problem-rx-6600/m-p/541733

Its hard to say what program with Hardware Acceleration is doing it but I have chrome and discord open while gaming. if you have other programs open that use it you could try turning it off in them too. 

Good luck

I re-enabled Hardware Acceleration on discord and no black screen driver crashes. I've only got it disabled in chrome only now. 

also wanted to add that i tried so many of the fixes online, this one worked and its **bleep** near the easiest to do

0 Likes
spicegod
Adept II

more info.

I had a crash while having a game open and browsing the web.

this time discord closed, just chrome (no Hardware Acceleration), battle net launcher with Hardware Acceleration on. 

when i say open i mean the application is in the task bar but minimized.

very disappointing as i thought it was just chrome.

0 Likes
BobbyTanomred
Journeyman III

Did you found a fix to that problem? I bought the same exact GPU model and had been running a 5600X with a GTX960 for half a year with no problems until i bought this one its always giving me Event ID 18 in windows when its either playing a game or idle it just shuts down and restarts.

0 Likes

Good day!

Try doing the following:
1. pre-download the drivers
video card, motherboard chipset, built-in Realtek audio codec;
2. uninstall Realtek audio codec drivers;
3. uninstall video card drivers;
4. uninstall chipset drivers;
5. Turn off the PC and physically turn off the Internet;
6. Disable antivirus or windows firewall;
7. Install the drivers in the following order: chipset, Realtek audio codec, video card;
8. Disable amd streaming audio device in device manager.
9. Prevent Windows from updating drivers.

Restart your PC by connecting to the internet and the problem should be gone.

0 Likes

You need to remove it everywhere, game apps specially 

305011279_3155743628072877_5947196269508090669_n.png

0 Likes