Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

JJoli
Journeyman III

6600 XT FPS Drops while watching twitch/youtube

Hello,

Basically I used 5800x with 1060 had no issues, now upgraded to 6600 XT and when I play a game and start watching a youtube clip or twitch (worse on twitch) the GPU utilization goes down, and the game starts stuttering, FPS drops and so on. Depending on game there might be dips, in a cycle of 10 seconds, the fps would drop, its seen in task manager.

I have already made a comment in reddit about this: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/rnkxnz/ramd_tech_support_megathread_h1_2022_edition/hu11sl1/?c...

Tried with hardware acceleration and without it (previously was turned off while using with 1060)

I dont understand if card is faulty, or its drivers or I need to upgrade mobo to PCI-e4.

CPU: 5800x
GPU: 6600 XT
RAM: 16GB @ 3000mhz
Mobo: Asrock b450m steel legend
PSU: corsair TX550w

2 Replies
Sir_NioH
Journeyman III

maybe it's late but this also happened to me when I just got my graphics and I was configuring things in adrenaline, the solution was to go to settings > graphics > you will have a menu with several things that amd has to improve the lag performance etc, try disabling them all and see if it works, after this if you want to know which is the culprit you go activating 1 by 1 I hope it helps you.

Sir_NioH_0-1643317299271.png

0 Likes

Hi,

I played alot with these settings, even checked in Internet for solutions, many says that there is an issue that with AMD CPU and AMD GPU these things happens, especially for 6600 XT (but in my case this happens while watching video and playing game, the game suffers alot) I have enabled SAM now which doesnt seem to have a difference, just that now in FH5 while only having game running, there are dips in fps every 10 seconds or so.

Literally nothing helps and I am not sure if it s graphics card, the incompatability issues with build, or just drivers.

Just a note, I am running 4 monitors setup, the main is 240hz. others 144hz.

0 Likes