cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Hrathen23
Journeyman III

6600 cant detect my screen

I bought the 6600 last Day, installed, all good, when I install the drivers and the pc detects my 6600 the graphic card cant detect my screen. With safe mode I unistalled the drivers with DDU, tried again to install the 6600 drivers (first time I used the auto detect) and nothing. I unistalled all nvidia and Intel drivers with DDU too.

0 Likes
12 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Try turning monitor off and back on

Try another cable and different output/input

Have you connected cables from PSU to GPU?

Don't use any adaptors

Try SAM enabled/disabled

If you have drivers installed, can you even see BIOS?

0 Likes

I tried to turn Off the monitor, I only have 1 hdmi but worked good until now, all the cables from psu to gpu are connected good, and I dont know what Sam is.

I want to try update the bios too.

0 Likes

Smart Access Memory

You can enable/disable it from BIOS

You could try connecting GPU to TV's HDMI input

You can update BIOS, but it is unlikely to fix this.

Is your PSU powerful enough or too old?

Could be simply a defective GPU and you need to RMA.

0 Likes

I bought a 750w silver 80 psu for the graphic, im going to try the TV and the SAM. Thanks

0 Likes

Silver, gold... doesn't matter. Which brand/model is it? While they are difficult to find and somewhat boring to read, reading a review of a PSU you intend to buy is important. Expensive ones are not always good and budget models are not always bad. Really should find a review before buying a PSU. Good ones have low ripple, low temps, high quality components, functioning protective features, low inrush current and so on.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I have not heard about that brand and price per watt is so low, I am kind of sceptical about this PSU. Tacens MARS Gaming 750W (~700W 12V if true)

If you look at this chart https://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2289.htm most models by this brand do not even according to sticker on the side, produce as many watts as they should. 600W -> 420W, 500W -> 360W aso.

Some good quality brands I know are Seasonic (not the cheapest models necessarily, but Focus and up are good). Corsair RM and better models, EVGA G-series, but G6 has some short comings. NZXT C-series (at least the 1000W model), Phantek Revolt, Asus ROG -series, SuperFlower Leadex based models. BeQuiet are often fairly good, but don't really excel in tests from what I remember.

If you can change your current PSU to something else without losing money, I would...

0 Likes
ENOSI16
Journeyman III

My friend has the same problem. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes

Nop, my last try is connecting all again and try XD

0 Likes

If it doesn't work and never has, GPU is probably DOA, so RMA.

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

Are you getting a motherboard error code? In my experience, most of the time it is HDMI cable, pci express extension cable (if using one), or outdated monitor.

0 Likes

Probably the problem is my motherboard, thats why im waiting, next month im going to buy a new one and try again.

0 Likes