Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

floatv
Journeyman III

5700xt Computer crash

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card-   MSI (first card did same thing.  AMD card)
    • Make and model; 5700XT 
  • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Tried every version with DDU inbetween since Day 1 launch. (Currently Latest Version 20.1.4)
  • Display Devices
    • 60hz Samsung HDMI 27"
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASUS Prime B350M-A/CSM  BIOS Version 52202019/09/24

• CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 7 2700
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • EVGA 650w, (tried in 2 systems other is a 750w, same issue.)
  • RAM
    • 32gb DDR4 2667

Describe your issue:

• Launch practically any game on radeon factory settings and the computer will shut it self completely off to the point of having to reset the power supply to get it to turn back on.   Different games produce different crashes.  I dont always have to reset the power supply, but it ALWAYS shuts off immediatly.  Different computers produce different crashes.  Im at a loss here.  Ive RMA 1 card and the 2nd card is doing the exact same thing.  The main rig this card should be in is the one ive done majority of the testing and one listed above.   If i reduce the over all boost clock of the card down to 1880, it will run for hours on older games like Day of Defeat Source, but even down clocking it CSGO is UNPLAYABLE.  it will run for 2 minutes and hard shut down the computer.   Graphics settings effect nothing.  Temperatures are stable until the point of shutdown,  Ive tried 100% fan speed with 0 difference in time to crash.  Ive contacted AMD and they ran me through everything they could think of i guess.   Ive reformatted, EVERYTHING is up to date, chipset, bios, windows, etc.   
  • Details about applications/games affected-   Funny part,  Hell Let Loose which is probably one of the most graphics intense games i have, seems to last the longest at about 5-10minutes(One time 30 minutes). but this card CANT run a 10 year old game like CSGO for more than 2 minutes.
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game 1920x1080 resolution, Low Medium, High in individual games effects nothing.  still crashes.  Disabled VSR and all sorts of other things suggested.   The only thing that works is Downclocking it to roughly 1880mhz, but still even Day of Defeat Source, the oldest game i still play, wont run at that clock speed for very long.

Im mostly posting this in hopes for someone to have stumbled across the holy grail of fixes, Or can point out something hardware wise that is a known issue.  Motherboard? Id hate to throw a PSU at it and not fix it considering its been on a 750w before with the same issue.  I think ive tried just about everything.  My buddy just bought the exact same video card for his newest build, and his works flawlessly on any game he plays (ofcourse the rest of his specs at 100% different)   What am i missing.

0 Likes
2 Replies
floatv
Journeyman III

UPDATE-  I got CSGO to run underclocking it down to 1704mhz!  seems to be stable now.  Even 1750 produced an immediate crash.

0 Likes
jsb
Journeyman III

What gave a lot of BSOD’s for me is all the hardware acceleration software.

So you could try to disable everything in Radeon Software.

- Select Games

- General (display quality?/Picture Quality/beeldkwaliteit)

- Turn everything off(Antilag/Chill/Boost etc..)

- Go to Display

- Turn everything off(super virtual resolution etc..)

it helped for me during games.

only when I browse youtube or something it sometimes still crashes..

0 Likes