cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Developer Tools

giordi91
Adept I

Help understanding some parts of a GPU trace Dx12

Good evening, I started recently using the GPU profiler, and is quite amazing! But there are some things I do not understand.

Please have a look at the below tracer:

amd.jpg

Where there is the arrow pointed, I am drawing two meshes exactly in the same position, so event 8 will only generate vertex work, then seems like no pixel shader is generated (early z rejection I suppose?) 
Now the interesting part is that there is a gap between the vertex shader and pixel shader execution. The tutorial I watched on youtube (How-To Use Radeon™ GPU Profiler - YouTube ) Says if there is a gap, it means the shader was stalled for some reason, any chance to know why?

Next question I have is about the barrier (9), after I write to the render texture, I do a bit to the back buffer, that is what event 11 is, I wonder why such a big gap between the end of the pixel shader and the copy? I am currently CPU bound so might just be I am not submitting event fast enough? (It is a simple scene for the time being).
Finally, the green event under barrier 9 is called "CmdDccDecompress" I could not find any hit in the documentation, anyone can explain to me please what it is?

Thank you all!

M.

0 Likes
1 Reply
dipak
Big Boss

Thank you for your query. Actually, Radeon GPU Profiler is part of our GPUOpen community and below GitHub site is the best place to post any query/issue related to it. Please post your queries there.

Issues · GPUOpen-Tools/Radeon-GPUProfiler · GitHub 

Thanks.

0 Likes