Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

shalton24
Journeyman III

Wraith Prism Flashing/Power Cycling

Hey all,

I've had the Wraith Prism for a few years now and it was working perfectly fine.  Today I was trying to change the colors around using the Cooler Master application.  I saw the "Chroma Connect" option and decided to click it.  This caused all my problems to start.  The colors I was adjusting stopped being responsive.  Now the Wraith is seemingly in a power loop cycle. It just keeps constantly flashing.

When I have the USB cable connected to my MOBO, you hear a constant connect/disconnect sound and Cooler Master now doesn't recognize that the device is connected.

While I have just the RGB cable connected, it still continues flashing.

I have tried unplugging all cables and reconnecting them, but nothing seems to get it out of this cycle. 

Also when the computer powers on it is not flashing, but somewhere in the boot process it changes colors then starts flashing.

Any suggestions on what I can try?

My MOBO is:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

I appreciate any help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, first thing to try on every RGB product is a power cycle.

Turn the power button on the back of the PSU for about 5min or so and check again.

This time use the 12v RGB cable only and try to control it with the OpenRGB or which ever software your board uses.

I would also uninstall cooler master before attempting another shot with USB cable only, if you prefer that way.

Good luck 

The Englishman
Jonnyjen
Journeyman III

The Wraith Prism is a CPU cooler that comes with some AMD Ryzen processors. It has a built-in RGB LED light that can be controlled by software. If the Wraith Prism is flashing or power cycling, it could be due to a few different things:

• The USB cable is not properly connected. Make sure that the USB cable is securely plugged into the Wraith Prism and the motherboard.
  • The Cooler Master software is not installed or updated. Make sure that you have the latest version of the Cooler Master software installed.
  • The Wraith Prism is not compatible with your motherboard. Check the compatibility list for the Wraith Prism to make sure that it is compatible with your motherboard.
  • The Wraith Prism is defective. If you have tried all of the above and the Wraith Prism is still flashing or power cycling, it is possible that it is defective. You can contact AMD for a replacement.
0 Likes