cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

hobbyist999
Journeyman III

Windows 11 Compatibility

Is AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD1200BBAEBOX, Black compatible with Windows 11?

Windows 11 requires Zen2 at the minimum so I wonder if this cpu is what it says?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First Gen. Zen is 1XXX series, Zen 2 is 2XXX series.

That processor is currently not on the official Win.11 support list (final list will probably be posted on or near to public release Oct.5th).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

First Gen. Zen is 1XXX series, Zen 2 is 2XXX series.

That processor is currently not on the official Win.11 support list (final list will probably be posted on or near to public release Oct.5th).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

OK Thank you. I'll wait until a final list is produced.

Do you know whether AMD has plans to make list the cpus/Motherboard that are compatible with Windows 11? I think the list would be very useful so that people don't buy anything that is not compatible.

My requirement is pretty simple. Just using Visual studio, Edge browser, Adobe photoshop, Corel Video Studio, and browsing the web.

No games or anything that requires high powered cpus.

People buying cheap cpus have to be careful because stores are trying to off-load their stock before they become unsaleable because of Windows 11 special requirements.

Hello Hobbyist,

In some cases one might be able to simply upgrade the AM4 processor to a newer series. Microsoft provides the information of what is required for running Windows 11. Keep in mind that Windows 10 will still be support long enough that most folks will simply just buy a new PC in four to five years, and by that time Windows 11 will be pre-installed and most of the major issue's will be resolved. Most do not realize that businesses won't be upgrading immediately as they have daily things that need to be done and do not have the time to play with driver and hardware issue's that always comes with new releases. This can be observed with linux distro's where they might have a nightly release, while on the other hand they will have a stable release. i.e. "Ubuntu LTS"

If it wasn't for my games, I'm fortunate enough that I can get away not using Windows if it came down to it. But then I've been "playing around" with PC's since Windows 3.1 just as Windows 95 came out. While my first linux distro install was Slackware back in 1998.

At the end of the day the hardware is defined by the software user dependencies.

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes