cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kumarab123
Adept I

Win 11 CPPC Issues Not Fixed

So I got the Windows 11 updates for the L3 issues, and that seems to be resolved. But the CPPC issues are not. Got the newer chipset drivers installed (with some effort mind you, which is expected of AMD software). Confirmed the newer processor.power settings in the provisioning packages. All seems fine.

But it's broken. People have confirmed the same experience on Reddit. I've had this system for about 13 months. Ryzen 5600x on a B550 board. I know for a fact that cores 5 and 4 are my top cores. And those were the cores that were always engaged with a high single thread workload on Win 10. This can be confirmed with CBr23 ST test. It'll alternate between your best cores. In my case, it never went to any other core except 5 (rank 1) and 4 (rank 2).

But now, even after the updates (which AMD on their own website say have solved the issue), it jumps randomly to any core. This wouldn't be something you notice in day to day operations. But it's certainly a problem for heavy/sustained single threaded workloads. e.g. Cores 5 and 4 in my case are always locked solid at 4.65 Ghz whenever they are engaged, but the other ones can dip to 4.2-4.4 Ghz depending on their rank.

Just curious if anyone here has taken notice of this. This issue is obviously not fixed, and it is disingenuous of AMD to say it is. Now I'm not sure if it's something that's more MS related or AMD, but since it's AMD that's out with the new chipset driver as a remedy, I think it makes sense to hold AMD responsible.

Regards 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Microsoft to Release Fix for L3 Cache Latency and CPPC2 Issues with AMD Processors on Windows 11 Next Week

October 12, 2021

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/10/12/microsoft-to-release-fix-for-l3-cache-latency-and-cppc2-issu...

What is this response meant to be? Those fixes (allegedly) have been applied, but the issue persists. Please read the post.

0 Likes

Type .... ' feedback 'in the searchbox. Report the issue to Microsoft

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes