cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lastguytom
Adept I

Will AMD Have any stock on their Website OR ON RESELLER'S SITES.

I know it been a Big Launch Year for AMD  consoles,cpu.gpu,laptops and much more. Amd could not have seen this coming, or did they?

Did AMD UNDERESTIMATE THE POPULARITY OF THEIR PRODUCTS?

Did AMD under order on THEIR PRODUCTS WITH TSMC causing no stock and high retail prices.

DOES TSMC have enough capacity to handle AMD along with other clients?

MANY MORE QUESTIONS COULD BE ASKED.

WILL RETAILER KEEP AMD PRICES HIGH FORCING DIY BUILDERS TO GO WITH INTEL OR NVIDIA FOR BUILDS?

IS INTEL AND NVIDIA THE NEW BUDGET BUILD LEADERS, oR IS BUILDING A LOW PRICE COMPUTER IN 2021 DEAD?

THE MOTTO FOR AMD SHOULD ON THEIR WEB --OUT OF STOCK-THE PAPER LAUNCH!!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Orkie
Adept I

I believe they knew that the popularity for their products being high. As they announced the new GPU's and CPU's, being perfect for any user at any price point (kinda). I think the popularity was higher than expected, similarly to Nvidia, and I think part of this is due to many customers wanting these new, amazingly priced components considering their performance, add to this COVID-19 and you have hundreds of thousands of people wanting to buy their products.

Prices are high because, they can be, and if retailers want to sell their products higher than AMD are selling them for, then they just... can. I personally wouldn't spend more than RRP for the components, however, retailers KNOW that some people will, and some people don't are how much it costs to get a new component in their rig.

I don't think AMD did this on purpose at all, and I think come 2021, more and more stock will become available until eventually there is enough for everyone.

Hope that helped a little.

0 Likes