cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gdh
Newcomer

Will AMD capitalize on Intel's issues and offer trade in value if I want to swap into AMD for my computing needs?

Just curious whether AMD is planning, has offered, or might be secretly plotting to take this time to convert those of us that have just bought intel out of habit. AMD has been a long term investment for my savings; now I'm looking to move over seeing how intel might nerf my brand new I7 PC and Laptop into the ground.

-A salty millennial

0 Likes
2 Replies

Why should they? Any Intel Haswell processor or earlier will have "noticeable" slowdown for all users according to both Intel and Microsoft, and two of the variants do not affect AMD processors, so you can either pay more money for a less secure processor that will be more expensive to upgrade in the future, or you can go with the more secure AMD processor with a less expensive upgrade path.

0 Likes
bearcat22
Miniboss

Wait for things to be fixed, patched etc. There's a good chance the Intel cpu will still be faster than the AMD even after the fix. And with a Intel cpu you'll still be able to boot into Windows after the fix. Unlike alot of AMD cpu's.

0 Likes