cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Roman_S
Adept II

Why Starfield bundle is not available in Ukraine

It's surprising to me that AMD Starfield bundle is not available in Ukraine. I bought a few AMD products last years with some game codes. BTW last 20 years I always prefer AMD/Radeon products instead of Intel and Nvidia. And it was always the same rules for Ukraine as for the rest of the world. But why this time you restricted the bundle for us? We already have a lot of restrictions to get one more... Yes, it's war here, but also we have people who play games to get rest from infinite news about this war.
Today I will get from post service Asus RX6700XT Dual, but I'm not able to get the game as all other AMD clients around the world. It's sad that you decide to skip the country with the official distributor.
Shame on you!

1 Solution

Hello, @Roman_S,

Customers who purchased an eligible CPU or GPU from participating retailers in Ukraine from July 11th are eligible for a Starfield code.

Moreover, customers should reach out to the retailer with a copy of their proof of purchase (invoice/receipt) first, and if needed they can submit a claim at www.amdrewards.com/support along with their proof of purchase.

The participating retailers in Ukraine are Telemart.ua and Click.ua. Brain.ua, another participating retailer, will be added to the page shortly.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

22 Replies
divinity
Journeyman III

how do you know it's not available? maybe AMD messed up, because all it's production is selling officially in Ukraine. Just write to AMD support, not forums, doubt any of AMD representatives browse forum

Because in the list of accepted retailers, there is no Ukraine.
Here  https://www.amd.com/en/promotions/starfield-bundle

And one more update according to this list without Ukraine retailers.
https://www.amdrewards.com/faq/rewardsPromotion/2
So yes, I'm angry. And in my next setups, I'll skip all products from the "red team".

Roman_S
Adept II

Okay. Asked the AMD Support team and now I can't believe that Ukraine was added to the list of terrorist countries and sanctioned countries. And it was added in Q2 2023. Nothing changed in Ukraine since Q1 2022. So why AMD decide to do this?
https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/amdrewards/terms/TCs-2023Q3-BundlesStarfield-ROW-070623-EN.pdf
6>a>ii
AMD what's wrong with your lawyers? We have Chat GPT (they also tried, but decide to remove Ukraine from this list quickly), access to anything like IT technologies/Cloud services (AWS, Azure...)/Games/OS's/Software etc but not your bundle. Looks like it's a good point to start a discussion on Reddit... And ask AMD lawyers how did they come to this decision ...

taybenberg
Adept I

As a Ukrainian, I am very outraged that Ukraine, which is fighting russian aggression, is included in the same list as the aggressor country.

Totally agree

Roman_S
Adept II

And here's the link from the Ukrainian store with the bundle. But it is not accepted by AMD terms and conditions. Left hand doesn't know what was made by the other one? How it can be explained?

https://telemart.ua/ua/promotions/k-aktsionnym-protsessoram-i-videokartam-amd-poluchi-igru-starfield...

Roman_S_0-1689779002128.png

looamie
Journeyman III

I planned to buy a video card just for this promotion. But if AMD took such a position, then I will be forced to give up their products. And I will do everything so that people in Ukraine hear about their position, that this brand supports the narratives of the aggressor country, adding Ukraine to the list of other terrorist countries

argon744
Journeyman III

I was about to start buying the components for my new PC. I think I'll put that on pause until we receive a clarification on the matter by AMD

Roman_S
Adept II

Update. Terms were updated and looks like the bundle is already available in Ukraine. Let's wait for an answer about clients who purchased AMD products from 11, but it's already not as painful as this document.
V1 with Ukraine
 https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/amdrewards/terms/TCs-2023Q3-BundlesStarfield-ROW-070623-EN.pdf

V2 with occupied territories of Ukraine
 https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/amdrewards/terms/TCs-2023Q3-BundlesStarfield-ROW-070623e2-EN.p...

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello @Roman_S , Everyone, 

We are excited to bring the Starfield bundle to gamers in Ukraine. Our partners will be online with the bundle in the coming days and, as you have noted, we have updated the incorrect information in the terms and conditions for the promotion.  Sorry for any confusion.

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Hello @Sam_AMD  Thank you very much Sam from AMD and AMD. I've added answer in Twitter to this post with the last open question. Also would like to ask here.

What about all clients who purchased AMD product included in this promotion from 11 until today? I'm sure there are a lot of us. Who purchased some of AMD CPU/GPU last week. In official stores. All according to terms and conditions. But our stores wasn't aware about this promo because of mistake in terms. And we didn't know which of official stores in Ukraine will be included in promotion partners list. For example I've purchased my GPU(lovin it) in Rozetka.ua store.

It's important point to handle this process to close this confusing discussion with "win - win" pattern. 

BTW I've spent more time for this issue than this game costs with my rates... But it's important to fix issues like this terms mistake.

Don't tell to ask Support. All they can do is to copy paste sentences from your terms. And don't answer if question can't be solved with this operation...

Roman
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700XT and Freee Sync monitor

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, again, @Roman_S , Everyone, 

We just updated our website too, specifically, the Where to Buy Starfield Game Bundle page. You'll notice Ukraine has been added, along with "Click" and "TELEMART.UA". 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Only 2 official retailers? For sure I've owned few games from other ones... So... Should we all decide to make refound in Rozetka.ua or any other store and buy the same GPU/CPU in click or telemart. It's allowed by our laws. Sounds insane, but I'm going to do it. Why? To show other peoples that it's possible. And all future refunds in the next 2 days will be caused by terms mistake because we didn't knew which store to choose to get the bundle.

Or there's some option for people who already got AMD products last week?

0 Likes

That is up to you. But, I suggest you wait a little longer before moving forward with your decision as we may have more updates for you/everyone else here. 

Thank you in advance for understanding and for your patience.  

Sam
Your biggest fan!

The corner case is that we have only 14 days for refunds by our laws. So we can't wait too much. Especially it's important to those who have issues with money, decided to update GPU for Starfield (cause it's finally not overpriced), and also want to buy the game, but can get it for free. Thank you in advance for your work and help in this situation.

0 Likes
Roman_S
Adept II

Almost the release date and still without an answer on how to manage this situation for gamers who purchased the AMD products from 11 until terms were fixed. And one more stone is an issue with this bundle. All who preordered Starfield on Steam already can preload the game. But if you get a bundle with some of AMD products you will have nothing. You will need to download the game after release.
@Sam_AMD , why is this promotion so bad that I want to buy the game instead of making some deal with AMD? Next time I'll probably skip any AMD promotions. But this time we got what we got...

0 Likes

Hello, @Roman_S,

Customers who purchased an eligible CPU or GPU from participating retailers in Ukraine from July 11th are eligible for a Starfield code.

Moreover, customers should reach out to the retailer with a copy of their proof of purchase (invoice/receipt) first, and if needed they can submit a claim at www.amdrewards.com/support along with their proof of purchase.

The participating retailers in Ukraine are Telemart.ua and Click.ua. Brain.ua, another participating retailer, will be added to the page shortly.

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Hi, @sam 

Glad to hear that all questions are handled and finally have answers. Thank you for this last update.
BTW the game is awesome. 36 hours and it was just first steps in this beautiful world. Waiting for optimisation in nearest future.

0 Likes

Hi, @Roman_S 

I'm happy we've been able to address your questions and concerns. I haven't played Starfield yet but I plan to dive into the game by the end of this week to experience some of the "awesomeness" everyone is raving about. 

Lastly, thank you for reaching out to me and the AMD Community Management Team regarding the bundle's availability in Ukraine. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
TechChime
Adept I

Sadly AMD been know to be pro Russian. The only reason the bundle is not in Russia is due to the fact of the Embargo that prevents it or AMD would have had the Promo there. And now you know why Ukraine does not have it because their Anti Ukraine.

Only way this can be proven wrong is via action not words. Prove me wrong AMD. 

0 Likes

Read above before answering. Issue solved. Just last questions about some moments.

0 Likes