cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

juuce
Journeyman III

Which video card is better

Hi all. I didn't see a better place to ask my question. I hope I'm not offending anyone. I recently bought a computer that was advertised to have an AMD Radeon HD R7 450 graphics card in it. It arrived with an AMD Radeon R9 M360 graphics card. Which graphics is better? Am I making too much of this? I'm not a gamer. At max load I'm using (2 ) 39" screens, using my foxit PDF/blue print reading software, with (2) excel spread sheets open, maybe a word doc, and a couple of Edge browser tabs open with my gmail on one and product info on the other. If it makes a difference it's an HP pavilion with 16 gigs of memory and a 1 terabyte hard drive. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please dumb it down for me as I'm a bit of a techtard. I've given basically all of my pc term knowledge asking my question.

Thanks in advance for this groups help.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Physically it's the same GPU with a different name, with the same specifications, clock speeds, performance, and they are all derived from the Radeon HD 7770's GPU, so it's not uncommon for the displayed name to differ, it's a bad decision the driver development team makes, but it is the same card, so one is not "better" than the other.

Also, going by the fact the R7 450 is almost 4 years old, I'm guessing that PC is used, and if it's new then someone conned you.