cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Radagast-75
Adept I

Which component i should update to better?

Hey.

So the thing is, that im in a situation where i get some stutters and not so good FPS in some games like GTA Online and even World of Warcrafty has places where the FPS is not so great. J also play ESO and GW2 a lot and also quite a bit of modded Skyrim.

So the components which i can update one butv not both are processor and video card.

My CPU is Ryzen 5 5600G

My GPU is Dual RX580 8gb

So the question is, which one of those you would recommend uodating? Personally im leaning towards replacing the current video card with RX 6570 DUAL 12 gb

My Mainboard is Asus ROG X570-E

Thanks

0 Likes
9 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

GPU, but I assume you mean 6750. Just make sure your PSU is up to it. AMD recommends 650W minimum, but quality matters too.

Yes. Asus RX6750xt actually. Got a litle twist of numbers there it seems I have 1000w PSU, Chieftec Proton is the mark and model so that part will not be an issue though im not sure what is the actual quality of Chieftec power units these days.

Weber462
Challenger

The 5600 is still a monster.  A new Gpu would be the way to go in my opinion. 

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Go for it!

6750XT, they could very well be the last good card to buy with a good price.

My brother snatched one for 449€ during Black Friday in Portugal and I can see them going on AMAZON.US for 400$

The Englishman
MikeySCT
Challenger

Agree with others, that RX 580 is getting kinda long in the tooth, so a new and more powerful GPU is in order. And nice choice with the RX 6750 XT, that should improve your WoW and GTA gameplay.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
Radagast-75
Adept I

Thank you so much for all the input you gave people

Got the new adapter and it really makes a difference on FPS side but unfortunately i seem to have joined the group  having audio problems with similar adapters. Audio from GDMI cuts off every few second on random interval like with other people and cant fix it with any tweak either. Now im stuck ujsing old analog output instead sinc thats the only alternative to HDMI audio on my amplifier

Still, FPS is great now so i guess its kjnd of a win/lose situation

0 Likes
MikeySCT
Challenger

From my RX 6900 XT, I have a DP cable hooked up to my monitor, while a HDMI cable is used for connecting my GPU to my Philips Fidelio B97 soundbar (using HDMI for uncompressed audio playback) and I've had no problem with audio. When I get back, I'll do likewise when I swap out to my newer GPU...

The other option for me is, I can hook SPDIF/Toslink from my mobo to my soundbar via optical cable as well, but as I understand it, I may get 5.1 surround sound, but compressed stream due to SPDIF/toslink somewhat limited bandwidth.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
0 Likes

I used to hook my video adaptewr straight to receiover for audio and video and then connect the receiver to monitor with HDMI and this worked fine with old card but the new has the audio cut off and sometimes loud bang as well from speaker which might be due potential differencies betweem electrical outlet ground, but then again that should also cauyse problem with old card. My integrated video card has better audio although it also cut off every now and then so it might be AMD drivers or some software issue, but i have noty tried the integrated video at all before this.

I also havew optical audio and that could be good too, but the integrated realtek on ROG X570-E does not seem to support anything else than stereo on optical output Still the quality would be better i guess, but my optical cable is faulty so i use the oldest possible i have, the audio jack stereo output.

Problem with  using audio from integrated is that it always seems to end up designated as display 1 even while BIOS setting says otherwise and while i was able to make it run perfewctly for a while by cloning the diisplays, windows reverted everything back to non working state on next reboot. Im beginning to thing that some sound card would be better but they also come with many different audio qualities and output issues.

Seems like tweaking things in todays Windows is much more hard than it once was due overautomation over user control.

Welcome to the suck-tastic Realtek drivers.

My suggestion would be upgrade to SoundBlaster, just about any SB card will outperform Realtek.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes