cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

When will the rx 580/ rx 480 be restocked again?

Newegg, TigerDirect, Amazon, Ebay, and Frys Electronics don't have any in stock, unless they're marked way up to $300-$400.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Tags (3)
17 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: When will the rx 580/ rx 480 be restocked again? I can't seem to find it when I'm doing online shopping unless it's upmarked to $300-$400.

Yes please let us know, and please say your are going to restock the 470's I can order 15 right now, I have people knocking my door down for miners. The 570's use at least 10 more watts of power but if that's all I can get I'll take it!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: When will the rx 580/ rx 480 be restocked again? I can't seem to find it when I'm doing online shopping unless it's upmarked to $300-$400.

Please check with your local distributors as to when they expect stock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: When will the rx 580/ rx 480 be restocked again?

The root of the problem is cryptocurrency which brought up all most all the cards even some user that to got luck are re-selling there card to cash in on $450 to $500 price tag RX 480/580 and turn around to buy Nvidia GTX 1070 or 1080 in it place.

Sorry amdmatt even checking with all local and online distributors that will do no good as it could be 1 to 3 months down the road and only place that has them is eBay's which mark up so high we may as well get Nvidia GTX 1070/1080 in stead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

AMD and nVidia are working on special "mining edition" cards which should reduce the demand of consumer graphics cards. AMD and nVidia are getting their GPUs to board partners as fast as they can, it's not like they're holding back, and the only ones making extra money on the deal are the retailers and etailers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

yes I know but nVidia not having a problem as every body want the AMD cards as from what I read it better card for this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Look again, it's not as cut and dried as other cryptocurrencies.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-cryptocurrency-ethereum-mining/

• Radeon RX 570 (stock): 22 MH/s while drawing 115 watts
  • Radeon RX 570 (overclocked): 27 MH/s while drawing 135 watts
  • Radeon RX 580 (stock): 24 MH/s while drawing 136 watts
  • Radeon RX 580 (overclocked): 29 MH/s while drawing 153 watts
  • GeForce GTX 1070 FE: 22 MH/s while drawing 100 watts
  • GeForce GTX 1070 FE: 26 MH/s while drawing 118 watts
  • GeForce GTX 1070 FE: 32 MH/s while drawing 145 watts
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Look again at who is out stock on there cards in R9 Fury/RX 470, 480, 570, 580

Mean While we can fine nVidia GeForce GTX 900 and 10 series all day long.

As the AMD cards create more hashes with Ethereum and AMD is largely still more profitable when they where at retail pricing vs 1070 and few watts will not matter that much in long run of things.

So you post in pointless black_zion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Nope, nVidia cards are becoming much more popular, even to the extent where there are 8 nVidia GPU mining systems for sale, given thee fact that a 1070 can do a bit better than the RX 580 while drawing less power.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

And if that was the case then there be no nVidia in stock so once again your wrong

You can believe what ever BS you like but the that fact it was the best Value Performer in grand slam of thing to come in the long run was AMD RX 480/580 end story.

If read over this https://bitcoinworldwide.com/ethereum/mining-hardware/

So as you see in less time frame you done paid for the card and you be make money not same as with nVidia 1070 card because command a higher price tag it so it my take up to a full years to make your money back, that is how and why AMD card end up in a price gouging war it all about Best Value Performer it nothing to do watts what ever.

You should also read this The Best GPU For Ethereum Mining - NVIDIA and AMD Tested - Legit Reviews

So as right now the 1070 is best deal if wasn't for the price gouging war going, but from what I see that case the AMD are selling like hot cake.

0 Kudos