cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

livamid
Journeyman III

What to do if the RX 6700 XT graphics card has low fps?

What to do if the RX 6700 XT graphics card has low fps? Ryzen 3 3200g processor. Do not talk about the imbalance of the assembly, about the fact that the processor does not pull out the video card, and so on. I am well aware of this, and I plan to take the processor in the future. I took this video card as a reserve for the future, and I knew that in the future I would take the processor. But I did not think that the performance would be less than on the same 6500 XT... I saw a test on YouTube with the RX 6500 XT, a video card that is much weaker than mine, and the same processor that I have. in GTA 5 it gave out at least 100 fps, but I have 40-60 ... (the settings are the same) please help, what's the matter?
p.s: if you set the minimum settings in GTA, then there will be almost the same fps: 60-70 with drawdowns up to 50. that is, the same result as on my old gt 730

0 Likes
3 Replies
AMD_cire
Challenger

Try use 3080ti instead. (your title intrigue me).

Well, try show the CPU and GPU benchmarck (like MSI afterburner). See your GPU hits 99% or not. Also see your CPU hits 100% or not.

GPU not hit 99% means something block it to use all its power (unless you limit it with undervolt or low settings or vsync). But if you just use default settings and max out that GTA V with 2K resolution, should 99%.

all CPU core 100% then CPU blocks your GPU.

What we see normal (you can check on youtube benchmark various games), GPU 99% and CPU not 100% (depends on game and how game use all cores you have)

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
livamid
Journeyman III

The load on the GPU and CPU changes every time. I forgot to mention that the load on both components is always jumping, but it never happens that the load on the GPU is 99% stable. in the same GTA, there can be a load on the GPU of 60, and on the CPU of 20%, or vice versa (this is just an example of the load, it is difficult to make an average percentage due to the eternal load drop on components).
even this happens (screenshot):

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes
BlackMyth
Journeyman III

To improve RX 6700 XT FPS: Update drivers, monitor temps, adjust power settings, close background apps, update OS and BIOS, optimize in-game settings, lower resolution, use Radeon software profiles, monitor CPU/GPU usage, check for game updates, reinstall drivers, verify game files. Keep in mind CPU limitations until upgrade.

0 Likes