What PSU Do I Need For My FX9590 Setup?

I have 9590fx,

Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,

SSD 1tb,

Rx580 and R7 200 gpus,

32gbram ddr3,

3 monitors,

4 120mm and 1 Smaller Fan,

Had EVGA 600w Just changed to Corsaircx750m 80plus. 

Is this a good enough power supply if I upgrade or add a higher output video?

Was my 600w evga too small?

0 Likes
6 Replies

Very...interesting setup. The Corsair CX750 is sufficient, though you should seriously consider upgrading to a modern Ryzen 3000 series system, it's on the order of 100% faster than your current CPU, and much, much more efficient.

0 Likes

In the future I am looking to do Ryzen, but for now I already had bought new memory so might as well use the board if it can run stable. So far it is after turning off turbo boost in bios.

So you do feel this is a good psu wattage and product for my needs  (corsair cx750 80 plus)?

If so, is this going to still be a good model psu for the ryzen and even better video card when I upgrade?

0 Likes

I agree this power supply is fine. Yes a gold would be more efficient but since you already have it, the OP would have to use the new power supply like 30 years to be worth spending more money on another better supply. It is a decent single rail 80+ bronze unit with good reviews. The only thing worth noting for me is that it is a 2016 model and if it has been used since then some power supplies can start loosing some performance as they age but this power supply is way over what is needed for the Ryzen chips. 

0 Likes
fan4chevy
Journeyman III

Thanks Black Zion,

I am actually looking to build or upgrade to a ryzen in the next year with an 8core. However, for now I have quite a few new upgrades already to this pc. 

Will this power supply also be good for the ryzen?

0 Likes

The CX750 is relatively inefficient. Given the hardware the OP has, I suggest the Corsair RM850x would be a dramatically safer place to be.

I use the HX1000i which is 80 plus platinum but that is just me and my experience with some bad power supplies in the past.

The module cables of the RMx and HXi series make cable management very easy. Zip ties are low cost and make air flow easier too.

0 Likes

I will look into that

0 Likes