cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chippy1
Adept II

What makes my screen go like this

Hi I have had this issue for a long time now where screen goes a sort of grey white screen and I have to restart pc to get it working again.

Tried different Drivers for graphics but still the same 

Msi B450m mortar max

2400G

16gig memoryimage0.jpeg

0 Likes
5 Replies

The next time this happens, reach behind the monitor (do not turn laptop off) and unplug the power cable for a minute and plug it back in. This does not work by unplugging the power from the wall...I don't know why.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

What kind of video cable are you using and does it fit snugly in both the monitor and the video source?

If you are using a smart monitor it may just need a firmware update.

0 Likes

I am using HDMI cable and my sony tv

Just Done it again here's what event viewer said

Faulting application name: cpumetricsserver.exe, version: 10.1.2.1884, time stamp: 0x615c7dd8
Faulting module name: cpumetricsserver.exe, version: 10.1.2.1884, time stamp: 0x615c7dd8
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000076bc
Faulting process ID: 0x2374
Faulting application start time: 0x01d83b26fc7a7250
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cpumetricsserver.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cpumetricsserver.exe
Report ID: 5c3fcb70-4265-4d40-845a-878613f5b887
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

0 Likes

Saw in another post with the same error message that disabling AMD overlays and resting all system hardware clocks to default got a normal screen and resolved the error.

Then another had to backtrack about 2 Display driver version to fix the error.

I see CPU event error in the message. Is your MOBO CPU chipset driver up to date?

Could be a BIOS issue if you've recently changed hardware like GPU CPU or RAM or upgraded to Windows 11. You could try going into your BIOS and setting all clock speeds to default.  

Thanks will give that a try and I only use the 2400G graphics so no Graphics card I will try with no overclocks and with overlay turned off. 

I use amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.3.1-minimalsetup-220316_web to install Drivers 

Its not very good if you cant use xmp and overclocks.

0 Likes