Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DrosairVRS
Journeyman III

what is this C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext PresentMon-x64.exe

DrosairVRS_0-1705234628529.png

DrosairVRS_0-1705234818660.pngDrosairVRS_0-1705234900474.png

i delete presentmon-x64 from cnext file and reinstall my 23.12.1 driver but presentmon-x64 file reinstalled cnext file what can i do?

My Specs;
Rx 6600 
Ryzen 5 5500 
Gigabyte B450m s2h
8+8 3200mhz ram
1tb wd blue hdd
James donkey 120gb ssd

0 Likes
9 Replies

This previous thread Goodplay more or less answer your question: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/unexplained-process/m-p/639509

That specific file is also used in Nvidia SDKs and other apps. So it will always install whenever you install your AMD driver package.

If you disable it you can find out how it affects your AMD Driver or Radeon Settings. Possibly several features may not work with it disabled.

0 Likes

so what should i do is that a virüs?

and where can i find 3rd party apps?

0 Likes

I doubt that it is a virus if it is installed by the AMD Driver package. But you can always run a Antivirus/Malware scan if it will make you feel more comfortable.

That specific file is used with other 3rd party apps that has nothing to do with AMD. The file you mentioned is specifically used for AMD driver.

I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and directly ask them yourself from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

0 Likes

i delete from cnext file like 2 days ago and after 1 day i reinstalled driver and i see presentmon-x64 in cnext file

i use kaspersky free

0 Likes

Yes, it seems like AMD Radeon Settings or Driver needs that file installed to work fully.

0 Likes

alright thanks should i use kaspersky or malwarebytes?

0 Likes

Use both. If I believe I may have downloaded an infected file or have a PC virus I run at the same time Malwarebyte, McFee, Spybot, Hitman Pro, & Sanity Check.

Note: it will slow your PC down but, in my case, very little. Normally I see no Infections from any of the 5 scans that I use at the same time.

0 Likes

Wouldn't using both at the same time cause any problems?

0 Likes

I don't believe so since all they are doing is scanning files on your PC. If there is a conflict I assume one of the scanner will stop scanning while allowing the other to scan and then continue its own scanning again.

Just my guess.

I also run Windows System Backup and Macrium Reflect System Backup at the same time. Sometime one of them would pause the backup and then continue again.

Look just contact AMD SUPPORT and ask them if you so concerned about that one file. Maybe they can tell you if it is safe to disable it or not and why.

0 Likes