cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mr_simple
Adept I

What is Modify Link Update in Task Scheduler?

Hello everyone,

Today i was looking in my task scheduler and found (ModifyLinkUpdate) task which was not there before so i really want to know what this task does it's from AMD and it starts up at every log on and it is not the update task which checks for amd drivers on 5th and 25th of every month.

Everyone also has this or it's just me? and what is it for i ran it and it did nothing. Can i delete it?

8 Replies

I opened it from file location, gives me this

Didn't try to run it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Sry for the late reply, I'm not very active here.

So I did run it but nothing happened. I am just trying to find out what that task does.

I already deleted AMD driver update task so that must be something else.

0 Likes

This AMD Thread concerning the same task: AMD adrenalin setup is always opened in start up .

The User just disabled it.

NOTE: Also delete the AMD Installation folder c:\AMD if you still have it. It is not needed and using up a lot of Hard drive space.

Yes, I always delete the AMD Folder after installation and delete AMD update task but I am not sure about this task disabling/deleting but I will just delete it and see what happens. Seems like an update task anyways maybe link update or something.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

I can't give a reason/explanation for the purpose of the task activating at start, or possible (if any) consequences of disabling it.

Send off an email to amd https://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form , they may give you all the details.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I will give it a try.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I never had that process lingering around Until I started Uding the AMD link . It lets you access your Games On pretty much any device or Operating System. I use it on my Phone and when im im good enough internet I play pc games from my Tower on my phone remotely. Its a Nice little App. However Im a little disappointed that thet Removed the Relive Feature from The Vega 3 and Vega 8 mobile graphics. I dont get it. Yes its 2 years old but thing is still smashing Intel's HD graphics. I Point that out, because I belive its because some machines of the low end ryzen 3s might have stuttered a bit using it. Still I want access back on that notebook as relive requires Relive. 

Boy I can Ramble. the point was is thats when i notice the process hanging around. Have you played around Adrenaline and its feature set? If so that could be it. Now mind you Im not sure really thats just when I noticed it. I am however weirded out by that AMD guys answer to you.... The whole cannot confirm or deny the existance of ufo actl.... makes you think like AMD is turning inton NVidia, Sony, or Ubisoft lol I'm gonna dig a little deeper now. Anyway... have a good one.

Ryzen 5 3600 &--Crucial Ballistix 16GB--GTX 1080ti
0 Likes

Goodplay, Nothing against you bud

Nice system by the way. Rocking the Legendary Evo 212.  How cool does it keep that beast? And that 6900xt that thing is like a frickin Unicorn. I was gonna buy one to replace the *Ahem* GTX 1080ti. But New or Used I couldn't get my hands on one, And I wasn't going to pay 3 grand on Ebay, When I snatched that 1080 for 100 dollars from a dude in my area. Hear that AMD you forced me into the arms of the Enemy. Get them high end cards in stores... And lets not try to make team green look like a prospect from the retail prices that have gone up triple in 5 years....

I think I payed 345.00 for a R9 390x Day one. Moster card for A guy who could Almost match a GTX980 wich was 750, and beat the 970 which was a little over 4 if I remember. What happened? 

Anyway Great system you game on it or you use it for work? 

Ryzen 5 3600 &--Crucial Ballistix 16GB--GTX 1080ti
0 Likes