Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jklansang
Adept II

What Do I Need to Upgrade?

Hi again everyone!

Could you give me your suggestions? I feel like my PC specs are not enough though I am using this mostly for work purposes and a little gaming on the side. I am wondering if my specs are "future-proofed" sufficient if not, I would be open to your suggestion on which of my PC parts should be upgraded already. Here are the specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600GT with Radeon Graphics 3.60 GHz
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Stock)
RAM: 4x8GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 
Motherboard: PRIME B450M-A II
PSU: Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze Standard
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE 8GB Triple Fan
Storage: Kingston 1TB NV2 M.2 NVME PCIE4 SNV2S/1000G

I am open to any suggestions from you guys. Everyone and every post here has been very informative to me. Just to add, I feel like my PC is kinda slowing down, I only game on weekends and mostly as I have mentioned above, I use my PC on weekdays for work purposes only. 

Thank you everyone! Have a great one.
My PC.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, that specs are mostly for an entry to mid level and some parts may be limiting others.

Example, the Prime board is not able to use the nvme PCIe 4 to its fullest and the wraith is a very humble solution for cooling. The 5600GT doesnt make sense with a RX6600, although I understand that at the time of purchase, the RX wasnt a reality yet.

My recommendation, use it as is and save the money for a big upgrade.

Later on if budget is an issue, get a 7700X, the price should drop along with the Zen5 release.

As for the slowdons, if you use for typical office workloads, you shouldn't be having any, I inclined to think thats software issues.

Maybe you can explain what kind of slowdons you are having.

The Englishman

Hi johnnyenglish,

Thank you so much for the response, I highly appreciate it. 

Now, the way I understand this, I need to upgrade my board and processor, correct? I will follow your suggestions with the AMD 7 7700X, but, what would be the best board to pair this with? What would be the best GPU to have as well? Is my PSU enough already to accommodate these upgrades?

I didn't have a budget issue by the time I initially had the system, it's just that the store I purchased it from did not ask me what they included with my purchase and also, I let them build the PC themselves. 

PS: I upgraded my CPU cooler with a DeepCool AK400 Digital since this was the only cooler available here in my area, that would allow me to use my 4 DIMMS slots. I have tried different tower coolers and they weren't tall enough to let me use 4 of my DIMMS slots. That's why I decided to use the stock cooler before I had it upgraded again. 

Anyway, thank you for the response and, I hope to hear from you again.

0 Likes

Also, the slowdowns I was having were when I was gaming, though they're just some little stutters from here and there, but I can game at 1080P at every game's maxed settings. And, with regards to workloads, so far, I haven't experienced any slowdowns, lags, or anything else. 

0 Likes