Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Arrow123
Adept I

R9 3900x utilization problem

Hi, 

I want to ask anyone if you also hat issues with R9 3900x in gaming. Im using this olnder cpu togeather with my new RX 7900 gre and all sit at tuf gaming x570 plus with corsair vengance rgb pro cl18 3600 mhz 32gb dual chanel, and power pushing new seasonic focus 80 plus gold full modular ATX 3.0 PSU with 850watts, my question is anyonehave similar problems as i do cuz in many games i have same problem and yes all new games are poorly optimalizated but every time i have same issue and thats the lower gpu utilization. 

Well lest say helldivers 2 1440p native all graphical settings all the way up and still in game my gpu run at 80 percent and sometimes even more low plus gpu is allways at 40 to 50 percent but this game run hard on cpu but still there is cpu bottlenect big problem also same thing happenig in rust but there it is weird and rust have this issue lomg time and that is the problem with multythreat problem my settings are 4k gpu settinngs max all the way again and getting only around 120 fps well thats more than enough but 1 percent low are all over the place game is not consistant gpu utilization only about 55 percent cpu dont go abowe 30 percent and gpu draw like 180 watts too low also dont matter if i change the 1080p 1440p or even 5k fps stays the same but this problem have rust for years  but lest move on cyberpunk great performance even with RT on my fps are about 66 to 80 fps great but when i hit dog town or even apartment area **bleep** 30fps so i turn off RT just playing game at 1440p ultra but still fps dropping here and there and gpu utilization boucing between 79 to 94 percent plus cpu stays at 50 percent, there is example weird one i m running warthinder at 1080p movie preset thats all the way up with settings even supper sampling at 4k but there is performance god like 100 percent cpu utilization FPS capped with vsyinc to 144fps if i turn that off i would have from like 170 to 2800 maybe even 300 fps just perfection but i like it with vsync on, another game would be atomic heart the fps consistant 144fps but again gpu utlization 50 percent cpu around 40 percent and fps aree great but thats 1 percent lows are soo bad its literally creating stuttering also im usning 27 inch monitor.  At this point im hopeless i dont know what to do i even updated everything new gpu driver 24.6.1 works great btw also new chipset driver windows is updated also all things are updated everything is up to date yett i cant play games i love heh i think that my older rtx 3070 doing this problems but i guess this will be problem with my 3900x dont get me wrong games used to run great but new games like games i named above dont run good i even using smart acces memory plus RAM is set to its speed plus i tryed to set my cpu to run at 4.2 Ghz in all cores yes it was a bit more hot around 65 deg while playing but it was fine cuz i also dropped voltage to 1.275000 and works great until i doesnt i have some crashes i guess i dont have great cpu quality well sometimes good sometimes not. My question is should i buy 5700x3D or 5800x3D and is it even worf it cuz i dont mind big fps upgrade i just want to play at high details at 1440p and have good 1percent lows consystency thats i want cuz now i have high fps but basicly stutters and i doesnt matter what i play i have this unconsystency allways something. 

All my stuff run at m.2ssd gen4s i got 3X gen ssd togeather 4TB soo plenty storage and high speed. I dont know what to do is it really that bad my r9 3900x  or is it just me. I wish to just change some settings in BIOS and boom works but i thing this will need to be solved with new CPU but let me know maybe im forgeting something. 

0 Likes
0 Replies