Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

VictorDeS
Journeyman III

Warzone stutters (MW3) 6700 xt

Hello everyone!

I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with the Warzone game, where the large map consistently stutters severely. This problem didn't exist in previous Warzone maps, making the current gameplay almost unplayable for me.

Video of the gameplay stutters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dL_8bC3wSg

These are my specs:

Ryzen 5 5600
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
Board: ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
16GB 3600mhz
1TB m.2 drives

I'm playing on 1440p 140hz monitor.

When I got the card I wasn't experiencing as much stuttering as I am now. This happens mostly when I play the big warzone map on MW3. Somtimes i have it on the small maps like vondel and ashika island.
I usually get above 100 -120 FPS. Is this just an AMD problem or is it the games fault. I've played other games that doesn't have this issue.

I've changed the VRAM in game to 60 or 70% , didn't help.
I've done a fresh install of windows and tried GPU drivers (using DDU)
I've tried disabling SAM to see if that was the cause, but no.
I turned off all overlays this helped but i stil get a lot of stutters.
I chaneged my in game setting a lot didn't help.

I can't even list all the things I've tried changing to get this solved...

I've exhausted all possible solutions, trying various troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately, the issue persists. If anyone has suggestions or has encountered a similar problem and found a solution, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

3 Replies
Noogy
Adept I

Hey there

I have been in a similar place so I feel your pain, Couple of things to note:

1) have you tried using the AMD adrenaline software, for updating the latest driver’s and also the ability to get better performance from the game? I have tweaked my 6900XT to suit my needs, you can find the best setting on YouTube for your card!

2) are you running any additional applications, software while gaming? I had a similar RAM capacity of 16gb and when I was with other windows and apps open it would have a similar stuttering, recommend closing all apps that are not used. 

3) make sure you set the game to “exclusive” so the main frames stay within the monitor if you are using Amore than one.

4) check the bios to make sure your RAM is running on it’s noted Hz I had a 3000 running at 2666 for some reason..!

5) These cards LOVE higher RAM and any upgrade will go a long way, I can feel it coming from 16 to 32, but that’s not an option for everyone.

6) With FSR 3 now integrated into MW3 you can experience amazing FPS gains without compromising gameplay, have a go playing with the settings, was usually getting just over 120, once I enabled FSR 3 I  got over 350 on balanced mode.

hope this helps! 

0 Likes

Hi Noogy,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to express my gratitude for your valuable advice regarding my PC performance. I've taken note of your suggestions and wanted to provide you with updates:

1. I attempted undervolting and overclocking, but unfortunately, I haven't had any luck so far.

2. Currently, I'm only running Steam in the background, with no additional applications open.

3. I've already performed the recommended steps.

4. My ram is running at a max clock speed

5. I'm intrigued by your mention of a particular tweak. Did you notice a significant improvement after trying it? I might give it a shot if it made a difference for you.

6. I'm unfamiliar with the method you suggested, but I'm eager to give it a try. I'll keep you posted on whether it brings about any changes.

I appreciate your assistance and will be sure to keep you updated on any developments. Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,

Vic

bledsham
Journeyman III

any fixes yet? its so annoying

0 Likes