Warzone 2 Low Gpu/Cpu Usage 5900x rx6900xt

I'm having a problem with my system here are my specs

Msi b550tomahawk

R9 5900x

Asrock ocf 6900xt

32gb 3600mhz

850wcorsair rm series

1440p resolution 

I only get 100-130fps on warzone 2 the card is power but i only get 30-70% gpu usage 

I did ddu, reformated my whole system new drivers and only installed warzone 2. Nothing fixed it also tried ryzen master to oc my cpu it also didn't work! Still having low gpu and cpu usage also disabled ulps. Anyone here have the same issue as me? And have a fix for it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

This is correct, Warzone 2 is heavy on the CPU and would explain the GPU not being fully utilised. Increasing image quality settings (or display resolution) would increase GPU utilisation.

Is the game running okay though? If so I would not worry too much that the GPU utilisation is not maxed out.

A 5800X3D will be a noticeable upgrade in Warzone 2 for your system.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Koyote7667
Challenger

No.  240 plus on the big map, more in resurgence, and 300 plus in mp.  (at 1440p)

Its your cpu. WZ/MW2 is hella cpu bound. Sorry mate. 

Whats your cpu? And what do you recommend me on changing? Thank you for your reply!

0 Likes

Swapped a 7600x for 7950x , then swapped that for a 7800x3d. I only game. Dont care about productivity.  If your the same, yoink a 5800x3d, and plop it in, and enjoy. God they are cheap atm, and still one of the best cpu's you can buy for gaming, or go new, and get a big boy intel chip or stacked cache chip from amd and enjoy. 

Thank you for your advice! I'll try to get my hands on 5800x3d soon! Hope it will fix my issue! God speed sir!

This is correct, Warzone 2 is heavy on the CPU and would explain the GPU not being fully utilised. Increasing image quality settings (or display resolution) would increase GPU utilisation.

Is the game running okay though? If so I would not worry too much that the GPU utilisation is not maxed out.

A 5800X3D will be a noticeable upgrade in Warzone 2 for your system.

Sometimes the game runs smooth but after a few matches the stuttering starts to show and it is very noticeable and hurts my eye. Im using a 1440 240hz monitor also my power draw wont go over 250

I've tried overclocking my 5900x but it didn't help at all

I will sure to get my hands on 5800x3d 

I've tried experimenting with my rams also I have a 3466 cl16 32gb(8x4) the up in performance is very noticeable using this kit around 145-180fps using 1440p reso and competitive settings. While on the other setup 3600mhz cl22 32gb(16x2) the performance is very low around 105-135 same settings

Im not Mr. PC guy, but, for me, and what i see, ddr5-6000 or memory at all, wont sport high overall fps, BUT, in the 1 percent lows, is where it is rad.  Just me, and what i see, but again, im a pc pleb,...  Wish you the best mate. 

0 Likes

Is the problem solved with a 5800X3D?
Because I have the same problem, I have a 5950x with a 7900xtx and I only get around 120 fps in warzone at HD resolution.

0 Likes
sabirrr
Journeyman III

Ive got a 5800x3d and im getting really bad fps on warzone 2 paired with a 3060ti, the cpu utlisation is signifcantlly lower than the gpu.

0 Likes