cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

woadstomp
Journeyman III

Warranty Service Requires Company Name?

My 5900x has died way before it's time and I am trying to apply for a warranty service. Each time I go to fill in the form though, I am told that company name is a required field even though I go through the consumer returns portal at Warranty Service: Retail CPUs Purchased New in Box | AMD which then takes me to this GCC Warranty Returns (amd.com)

Am I missing something? Is the company name supposed to be of the retailer I purchased it from or is this a mistake on their form? I can't imagine that an individual consumer would be excluded from warranty service.

Please help if you know what's up.

5 Replies
el_berto
Journeyman III

Hallo,

I have the same problem. I'd also like to return my faulty 5900x for warranty replacement, but the form I need to fill requires a company name. Have you solved this by now? 

el_berto_0-1683214538227.png

johncalrin
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. 

Subhashis
Journeyman III

The same problem stuck there

0 Likes

Have you tried just typing in something like home use?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

When I first saw the new Warranty page format, I created an account to see how it worked.

If I remember correctly it also asked for a company name because I clicked on business type icon, but then I found another title that wasn't Business then I needed to use "Search" and input "AMD Warranty" which made me go through all the AMD links pages that led to the Warranty page. Once their I was able to access the AMD Warranty page each time I logged on automatically.

But that was when the new format started so not sure if it is the same now.

You may have click on the Business Warranty link which why it is asking for a  Company's name.

NOTE: This was a long time ago and my memory of the actual process I used is foggy but it was something similar to what I wrote.

0 Likes