cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

JalenWu
Journeyman III

vivado calls modelsim emulation error (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name "work.div_100".

vivado calls modelsim emulation error (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name "work.div_100".
# ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find work.div_100.

# ** Error (suppressible): .. /.. /.. /.. /.. /sources_1/ip/div_100/demo_tb/tb_div_100.vhd(179): (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name "work.div_100".

# ** Error: .. /.. /.. /.. /.. /sources_1/ip/div_100/demo_tb/tb_div_100.vhd(179): Unknown expanded name.

A multiplier is called in the project, and a div_gen_v5_1_18 can also be seen in modelsim work

After clicking Emulation, the modelsim interface does not appear because of this error

After a month of exploring, I found the following fact: whenever I Run Simulation, the Modelsim. ini file in the modelsim installation path automatically writes xpm = modelsim_lib/msim/xpm at line 93. And automatically write xil_defaultlib = modelsim_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib in line 522, And line 431 writes div_gen_v5_1_18 = modelsim_lib/msim/div_gen_v5_1_18, which appears to be an act of forcing the default compilation library, These contents are not consistent with the contents of the ini file generated by my Complie Simulation Libraries: XPM = C: / Users/Administrator/Desktop/xilinx_sim_lib20240812 / XPM, div_gen_v5_1_18 = C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/xilinx_sim_lib20240812/div_gen_v5_1_18

(The ini file I produced does not have the line xil_defaultlib = modelsim_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib), hopefully this will help you

If possible, thank you for your answers

0 Likes
0 Replies