Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Traxx
Adept I

USB disconnect and reconnects - Ryzen 7 5800X

Hello!

I have an issue that sometimes, totally randomly my USB that are plugged in to the motherboard on the back of the computer restarts. Like it unplugs and reconnects them in windows. I can see my RGB keyboard go black and I hear the window sound of USB disconnect then it connects again.

Things I've tried so far. I've disconnected and uninstalled the USB drivers through device manager in windows. I've updated my chipset drivers. I've checked the energy/power settings and disabled the USB power saving option on all USB ports.

So far, none of those fixed explained above has not solved my issues. All these I found just by google searches. My BIOS settings is pretty much default and I haven't touched anything in there really. Its very hard to reproduce my issue because it happens very randomly, 99% when I'm playing a game such as GTA 5 or Microsoft Flight simulator (MSFS).

My specs are:
Windows 10 Pro 64 Version 21H2
AMD Ryzen 7 58000X 8-core
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 10GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC WHITE V2

Anyone has any ideas? Is possibly my motherboard broken? Its not even 1 year old.

2 Solutions
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

It was a problem with Ryzen 5000 series/500 motherboards I do believe. You need to download the latest chipset from AMD that helps alleviate the problem.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

View solution in original post

Traxx
Adept I

I updated my BIOS from version 3602 to 4403 (i've missed a few updates, haha) and this seemed to solved my problem. No USB reconnects so far.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

It was a problem with Ryzen 5000 series/500 motherboards I do believe. You need to download the latest chipset from AMD that helps alleviate the problem.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

This problem just raised from nowhere with me...
R5 5600G
Asus PRIME B450 K-II
32GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM
I've had reinstalled. bios updates and many others to try help the problem. its just been getting worse over time, my mouse and keyboard are the only things affected and also they don't have this problem on other computers like a PI 4, and R3 2200u and R5 3500u laptops and still my main PC has problems with USB peripherals. my USB wifi is affected by this too just different timing. happens on the desktop, mouse not moving or even playing games.

I've tried all i can think of to fix this.

any suggestions?

EDIT: forgot to note i have the chipset drivers from asus's website

EDIT 2: bigger problem. i just had the same problem IN THE BIOS!
so ive narrowed down 100% to motherboard or CPU
Trying to contact asus and AMD support so i can get a replacement CPU and mobo

0 Likes
Traxx
Adept I

Sorry, I forgot to add I have:

Asus ROG STRIX X570-E gaming motherboard.

0 Likes

Like the guy above said, make sure you've got the latest chipset drivers, and I think also the latest BIOS update for your motherboard (non-beta).

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
0 Likes
Traxx
Adept I

I updated my BIOS from version 3602 to 4403 (i've missed a few updates, haha) and this seemed to solved my problem. No USB reconnects so far.