cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Decrovid
Journeyman III

Upgrade for reasonable money from a Duke 1080

I've been running a 1080 Duke for quite awhile now and I'm looking to upgrade now that GPU prices are coming closer back to MSRP.  What cards do you recommend for someone who is currently running a 1080?

0 Likes
2 Replies
EsojX
Adept I

Most important question, what is your budget? 6700XT or the 6750XT will get you great frames (Warzone 200+ FPS) for around $500.

0 Likes
max9r
Adept I

Depending on what you consider reasonable hehe...

IMHO... if you can find a good deal on the 6700XT (I'd skip the 6750XT, not worth the extra $$) I'd consider that, but my recommendation would be the 6800XT if you can find one at =<MSRP it's the best bang for the buck for sure. I'd even go with a 6800 if you can find one, but they're basically like Unicorns these days.

If you're interested in going NV again things are still a bit tricky with pricing. MSRP isn't as readily available, so I'd say look at the 3060Ti or 3070 reference cards if you can get MSRP. If you have budget the 3080 is still the best bang for the buck from the green team assuming MSRP pricing. Unfortunately though, AIB's on average are still overpriced, so go reference if you can find one and don't care about the RGB bling.

Food for thought... you've waited a long time at this point so if possible I'd probably just wait a bit longer. Prices will continue to fall, especially as we get closer to the release of the next gen cards.

0 Likes