cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

drsnuff666
Journeyman III

Updating BIOS gives "Invalid File" on desktop

Checked my version of bios which is 2 funny enough on the website for my exact motherboard that version doesn't even exist. Anyway, I find the official website that shows BIOS versions. I try 7 for 7.3, then the lowest one, then one around my current version and i get the same error of "Cannot find image data" or something like that. Eventually I decide to install them all, unzip them, take them out of their respective folders and drag them into my FAT32 disk.

Finally, it works and the versions that I can choose to upgrade to are 4.4 - 4.7 - 4.8 - 4.9
This is good but when I try to instant flash with any of them, I get the same error stating "Invalid File"

I've tried every different USB port. Tried un formatting and re formatting. Tried leaving one 4.4 in a normal folder which didn't work.

Any Suggestions because I really don't want to spend money at some repair shop. 

motherboard: a320m-hdv 

current bios version: 2

CPU: amd Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Radeon rx 5600 xt

0 Likes
1 Reply

Are you sure you have the correct ASRock Motherboard Make & Model?

Run either SPECCY or CPUID to see the exact Motherboard Make & Model you have. 

I also don't see a BIOS version 2.0 for the ASRock Motherboard in BIOS download page: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#BIOS

Normally the first original BIOS for your Motherboard, in you situation, should be BIOS Version 2.0 but since it isn't listed most likely you have the wrong ASRock Motherboard listed or your PC came with a special BIOS version from ASRock.

DON"T install BIOS Version 6.0 or newer otherwise your Ryzen 5 2600 (Pinnacle Ridge) processor won't be recognized and your PC won't boot up.

Please read all the YELLOW Warning messages before updating your Desktop BIOS version:

Screenshot 2024-07-24 160346.png

0 Likes