cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

peterq94
Adept III

Ubuntu 18.04.5(hwe) + radeon driver. Artifacts in Firefox 90.0.2. Do you have also this problem?

Dear AMD Community,

I have installed Ubuntu 18.04.5 on my notebook. I have Ubuntu system installed in my machine almost from one year with radeon driver (this is community driver?). I didn't have any issue with artificats (GPU problem) and this driver worked fine but after update of my firefox to version 90.0.0 I have now problem with artifacts on the tab. This sometimes flicker in black or sometimes are not visible properly (partial disappearance). I want to ask AMD community if someone also have this same problem? If yes how you fixed it?

My output of lshw -C video:

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: RS880M [Mobility Radeon HD 4225/4250]

vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]

configuration: driver=radeon latency=0

Can you tell me what was happend? This is not problem with firefox itself because in my another computer with Windows 10 OS I also have installed Firefox 90.0.2 and I don't have this issue.

Can you help me?

0 Likes
1 Solution
peterq94
Adept III

This was problem with Mozilla Firefox. After update to version 91.0 this problem was probably solved.

If you have this problem, please use Mozilla Firefox in safe mode. In this mode problem not exist.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
peterq94
Adept III

This was problem with Mozilla Firefox. After update to version 91.0 this problem was probably solved.

If you have this problem, please use Mozilla Firefox in safe mode. In this mode problem not exist.

0 Likes