cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

CharlieBravo
Adept I

Trying to get into coding

I don't know if this is germane to this site but I'm give it a go.. I want to get into coding, but I am completely new to it. I would like some direction from more experience computer guys to where a beginner would start. 

Context: I want to learn code as a hobby. I'm somewhat of a computer enthusiasts and want challenge my self with new endeavors. Please feel free to drop any applications, books, podcast & etc that might help me. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

There are many High Schools and Community colleges that offer Night time classes for Adults that includes computer programming.

Try googling Online basic Computer Programming Course. I did and found this website that lists the 11 best Free Online computer programming courses that you might want to look at and possibly apply: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-free-online-computer-programming-courses/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

There are many High Schools and Community colleges that offer Night time classes for Adults that includes computer programming.

Try googling Online basic Computer Programming Course. I did and found this website that lists the 11 best Free Online computer programming courses that you might want to look at and possibly apply: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-free-online-computer-programming-courses/

Thanks man!

0 Likes

Check out your local library. Many learning sites partner with local governments to offer free access to a majority if not all of their content. There are great courses from Udemy and the like that you can complete on your own schedule; in my experience they've been helpful in clearing up abstract concepts in programming. Plus with a library card you can always check out instructional books which are great for more in depth exercises. If you use a popular enough book there are many companion series on youtube covering the material as well.

0 Likes