cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Superdawg
Journeyman III

Tried getting a card

I tried getting a 6800 or 6800 XT and failed miserably.  Clicked the link when it went live, and managed to get one in the cart.  Afterwards, the cart crashed while attempting to checkout, and then i was subsequently banned for refreshing the page.  As an owner of multiple AMD products, i was really hoping to score a card, as I'm building myself, and my kid a computer for christmas. Really didn't want to have to go through scalpers for a card. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

You need to bring up your issue with your Retailer's Customer Service department.

They can let you know when they will have the new GPU's in stock again and send you an Alert about it.

0 Likes

What about AMD's "buy direct" link that instantly failed?  Is it okay with you if we bring that up here?

Stop trying to be gatekeeper for where people are allowed to bitch about this terrible launch.

0 Likes

I clicked on the "BUY DIRECT" and it went directly to the list showing which Retailer's sell that new GPU Cards.

AMD has no control what Retailer advertise or have in stock.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 140516.png

Yes the launch is having major issues in that the GPU cards are selling out in minutes in Retail stores.

0 Likes

That's the screen I saw, but in the banner with the card there was a "buy direct" button that would take you to an AMD purchase page.  That button is gone since just after the launch, probably to prevent too many click throughs on their website.

0 Likes