cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

trickson
Adept II

The SINGLE reason.

The single and ONLY one reason I can NOT use Radeon video cards in my main rig and wished AMD/ Radeon would fix so I COULD USE THEM!

I have (well several 2 full Atmos theaters in my home) Denon HT theaters in my home the MAIN Theater has the following: Denon AVR-X3700H In Command series true Atmos with a set of full Klipsch RP 7.4.2 Atmos THX theater. 

The heart soul and drive for that system all comes from my AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @4.350Ghz with an AMD ASUS TUF X570 motherboard. Also, my main Gaming rig connected to a Ultra 4K Sony 65" T.V.

I bought the RX580 8 G video card for this very system! I LOVE this card it is a BEAST and WANT it BACK in but, this video card has an issue with my home theaters both AVR's have same issue, both Denon the other one (the original one that found the issue.) is now on the theater in the master suite on the other AMD system for my home theater/ gamming rig.

Main issue is when all is hooked up when I turn on the computers the Denon AVR remain off, never comes on.

Hmm okay you say no biggie, right? well Not so fast A.

Shutting system off Denon HT remains on? Hmmmm 

Okay no biggie still, right? 

Well again NOT so fast now we come to the part I will NOT have!

There seems to be a signal issue with the card and the sound but for some odd reason I have to manually set the sound mode.

There is a real issue (For me) about this. the "other" card I have turn the system automatically on and off when I power on the computers. Radeon cards are not doing this. I do not wish to talk about the other cards I tried that do this from AMD because I still use them and love them. the other HT/ gamming rig system (not completed yet) is in the office. That Denon system also has the same issue with the cards crossfire setup in there. 

In other words, I am not sure but the ARC/eARC are not working or not present and that is the issue I am having.

I do hope this is okay to discuss as I want a FIX for this BAD!

If not for this one issue my systems that are AMD motherboards and AMD CPUs would all have AMD GPU'S as well!

If this is NOT okay to discuss, Please DELETE this post.

But I have been BEGGING for a FIX to this! 

0 Likes
0 Replies