cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

joker0311
Journeyman III

The AMD detection tool opens and then immediately closes. I cant redeem my code.

Hey all so Im having severe difficulty redeeming my code for Black Myth Wukong and 1 other game that came with my RTX4070 Super. I went to AMD.com and made an account. then when i try to redeem my code it takes the code but tells me I have to download the AMD product detection tool. So i did that. I saved it to my hard drive and didn't open it in the browser like AMD instructed if it didn't work. It installed and i click to open it and the window pops up for a split second saying "detecting" and then closes. I have tried everything from updating drivers to uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times from different browsers. As far as I can tell Windows defender is not blocking it. So i'm at a loss as to what to do so i can redeem the code and download my games!!

Im not the most computer savvy person so can anyone have any ideas on what can remedy this?

I appreciate it. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
joker0311
Journeyman III

My apologies I put the graphics card in there and the code came with my Ryzen 9 7900X3D. so before someone calls me an idiot rest assured I already did. The code came with my CPU other than that everything I said above still applies. Hopefully someone can push me in the right direction. 

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

Here's the current AMD promo:

https://www.amdrewards.com/terms

This is listed in the Terms and Conditions:

If you have any issues at AMDRewards.com or with the Coupon Code, please contact AMDRewards Customer
Service at https://www.amdrewards.com/support.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
joker0311
Journeyman III

Yeah. Been there. The problem is the product verification tool installs but when i try to use it opens and then immediately closes. It doesn't matter if I use a different browser to download it to my hard-drive. It simply opens and then closes. 

0 Likes

Have you tried using the pvt without the 4070 installed?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Johan_Hurry
Journeyman III

Hi,

Try running the tool as an administrator or in compatibility mode. Also, ensure your system and drivers are updated. If that doesn’t help, contact AMD support.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes