re: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500f
AMD Phenom II 1045T x6 core
AMD 785G chipset
AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
** Win10 Home 64-bit version 1803
** AMD Catalyst Software Suite (revision 15.7.1 WHQL)
** AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition-Beta (revision 16.2.1)
okay, proved I can copy a spec sheet AND hit the "Download" button on a website;
about how far my expertise goes...or my 4th grade-level tech-speak...two questions:
1. Is there such a thing as 'updates' for your processor??
2. Could my recent, erratic connection issues because I'm now using an AC router??
(original: Netgear N600/R3400 ~ current: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900/R7000)
#1 There are updates for the motherboard BIOS which tell the motherboard how to interact with the processor.
Because your system is prebuilt by HP you probably are using the latest BIOS version, but you can check with HP support (or use their website) to see if there is a newer version you should have. Also, check with HP's support to see if there is an update for your system because of the upgrade from window 7/8 to windows 10.
#2 Yes and no...
Here are some things to try to locate the issue...
1) power cycle the router. If it still has connection issues try...
2) Try both wireless and wired connections to your system. If the problem still happens try...
3) Have your IP service run a test on there side/equipment to check for connection issues, also have them monitor your connection for 24 hours to see if the problem is an ongoing thing.