cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

BoneWareHammer69
Journeyman III

System bluescreens , black screens and freezes

Good Day all. I recently moved to AMD and have been encountering weird problems and recently Ive hit a dead end.

I bought new parts and had them tested for faults to make sure I was not buying faulty hardware.

The pc would freeze at random times as well as hit black screens when gaming or would blue screen with a clock watchdog timeout error as well when using epic games launcher.

I made sure to reseed all the component connections , install all drivers and updates , newest bios versions as well as all reinstalled windows several times. I found windows 11 more prone to these issues but i do encounter them frequently in windows 10. I also disabled all auto overlock settings as well as xmp profiles but no luck.

All thermals in the pc looks good as none of the components reach more than 65.

my pc specs are as follow:

Processor:

• Ryzen 3 4100 (Coolermaster H410R Cooler)

Motherboeard:

• Gigabyte B550m S2H

Ram:

• 2 Corsair Vengeasnce pro Rgb 8gb 3200mhz

GPU:

• MSI RX 6500 xt oc 4gb

PSU:

• Raidmax xt Black edition 500w

Drives:

• 256 gb Lexar nvme
  • 240gb lexar sata ssd
  • 2tb Seagte berracuda hdd

Case:

• Cougar MX660 Mesh Rgb

I really do hope to find a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for any help going forward.

0 Likes
9 Replies
slash00x
Adept II

What OS are you using? How long does the system run before crashing? Do you have good air flow where you are pushing air out of the case? How many fans? Have you tried touching components after a crash such as the cooling on the cpu, memory, HD etc.. Have you checked the video card for dust? You could also run SFC /scannow to test Windows files. chkdsk /f  Access the BIOS and turn off fast boot up. There are other things that can be turned off in Windows that could also help but go through the above first.

M.2Gaming
AsRock Taichi Carrara, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, M.2 MP600 Pro LPX, G.Skill 64GB, Creative SB ZXR, Windows 11
0 Likes

Base on my experience and the internet information provided, here is how I would reccomend you to do:  

1. Memory testing: Run a thorough memory test using MemTest86+ to rule out any RAM issues. Test each stick individually.
  2. Power Supply Unit (PSU): Your 500W PSU might be borderline for your system. Consider upgrading to a higher-quality 600W+ PSU from a reputable brand like Corsair, EVGA, or Seasonic.
  3. GPU drivers: Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely remove GPU drivers, then install the latest stable drivers from AMD's website.
  4. Chipset drivers: Ensure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed from AMD's official website.
  5. BIOS settings:
    • Load optimized defaults in BIOS
    • Manually set RAM timings and voltage according to manufacturer specifications
    • Disable any power-saving features like C-States or Cool'n'Quiet
  6. Temperature monitoring: Use software like HWiNFO to monitor temperatures under load, ensuring there are no thermal throttling issues.
  7. Storage health: Check the health of your SSDs and HDD using tools like CrystalDiskInfo.
  8. Windows stability: Run "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" in an elevated command prompt to check for and repair system file corruption.
  9. Clean Windows install: If issues persist, consider a clean Windows 10 install on the NVMe drive, with only essential drivers and no third-party software.
  10. Hardware stress testing: Use stress testing tools like Prime95 for CPU and Furmark for GPU to test system stability under load.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, consider seeking assistance from a local computer repair shop or contacting AMD support for further guidance.

0 Likes
BoneWareHammer69
Journeyman III

Good Day. Currently Im using windows 10.

The time differs from what im doing.

Cooling I have 3 120mm fans pulling air into the case, 1 120mm fan ontop pushing air outward as well as the cooler is oriented to push hot air out the back of the case. All components felt cold to the touch and as for dust buildup, i made a habit of cleaning my pc once every month.

Fastboot is also disabled as it gave me issues on bootup.

SFC scan and disk check all came back without any faults.

0 Likes
slash00x
Adept II

So, not a heating issue which brings us to Hdd and Windows. Do you have any tools to check the HDD for errors? I quit using seagate years ago if I remember correctly they had new owners(WD). I switched to Toshiba hdd, Crucial sata ssd and Samsung ssd. Now with this new build I am using M.2 Corsair.

Have you any experience with device manager? 

Did you try and use chkdsk /f from a command prompt?

M.2Gaming
AsRock Taichi Carrara, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, M.2 MP600 Pro LPX, G.Skill 64GB, Creative SB ZXR, Windows 11
0 Likes

Good day. Ive been using crystal disk info and tested all the drives in the pc numerous times and found no error faults on the any of the drives that is in the pc. I installed my OS on my nvme drive which is about 2 months old by now.

On the device manager ive looked for drivers that is not installed as well as updates for all the components.

Yes i did use chkdsk /f  on all the drives and no faults were found.

In South Africa our hdd drives are slightly expensive if you get them in stock. Especially Toshiba drives.

I tried using a different motherboard , CPU and ram and keep running into the same problem.

0 Likes
slash00x
Adept II

In this link enter all of your devices that you have in your case. When finished click calculate and see what it spits out.

Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

I suspect maybe not enough power supply to run that system. No room for overclocking.

Something to try... In device manager you can check all of the drivers and turn off allow the pc to turn off this device to save energy clear all the tick boxes. 

M.2Gaming
0 Likes
slash00x
Adept II

Virtual memory are you managing that or is windows?

What I usually do is leave some on the main drive and put the rest on a ssd that has room to expand. Check the web to see what you can learn about that.

How to change virtual memory size on Windows 10 | Windows Central

M.2Gaming
0 Likes
seorwrww0
Journeyman III

The Jollibee breakfast menu offers a delightful variety of options to kickstart your morning with flavor and energy. One of the standout items is the Breakfast Joys, which includes classic favourites like the savoury Longganisa and the delicious corned beef. These dishes are served with garlic rice and a sunny-side-up egg, providing a hearty and satisfying meal that sets the tone for a great day ahead.

0 Likes

To fix these issues, ensure all parts are compatible, run memory diagnostics, and check your power supply. Update AMD drivers, monitor temperatures, and check Windows Event Viewer for errors. Disable third-party software and test with minimal hardware. For more support, consult AMD or a technician. For more details visit our website https://fajasfits.com/

0 Likes