cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pizzepeli
Journeyman III

Sudden fps drop on rx 580, don't know what the problem is.

Specs:

RX 580 Ryzen 5 2600 Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Kingston - A400 240GB SSD Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM mATX Problem: Since yesterday I'm getting fps drops from all the games I have played and used to run very smoothly: cs:go, League of legends, dark souls remastered.

Since I have freesync and a 75hz monitor, I use RTSS to limit my fps to 73. The pc was working fine since yesterday (I built it a week ago), now The games will go from 73 fps to 10 or 30 then go back to 73, with some freezing involved.

Things I did yesterday before the problem started:

Used the screen share feature from discord to stream DS1 to a friend. Used the broadcasting thing from steam to stream ds1 to a friend. Installed OBS and tried to stream DS1. Things I have tried to solve the problem:

- Ran windows RAM test, no problems found
- Ran Malwarebytes in both my sdd and HDD, no threats found.

- Disabled GameDVR from windows registry.

-Updated GPU drivers from AMD Radeon settings.
-Updated windows 10. -
- Checked CPU and GPU temps, they look fine.
- Closed discord.
- Disabled steam broadcast feature.
- Uninstalled OBS.
- Re-installed windows 10
- Uninstalled RTSS
- Uninstalled msi afterburner.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hardwood
Paragon

Nice setup.

It looks like  you know what you're doing. You've done a lot of fiddling with no luck and seeing as you just installed the OS I have some suggestions. Someone might have better ones though.

1) system restore

or

2) Just say "**** it" and reinstall OS again. This time make a restore point before you make big changes.

3) Keep getting gray hairs looking for solution..

Good luck!

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes