cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Riley_Thomas
Adept I

Sudden Blue Screen with Stop Code: MEMORY MANAGEMENT

My laptop is suddenly showing "Blue Screen" while working. I am usually working on my laptop while multiple tabs are open and more than one browsers are active.
The Blue Screen can appear any time and still I have no clue what is the reason. Even the memory is ok while I am working with multiple tabs open.
The Screen shows the following message and then system is restarted after couple of seconds:
"Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart."
Stop Code: MEMORY MANAGEMENT

Please, help to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Riley_Thomas, you really need to communicate with your seller. Please look in the Event Viewer and post a screenshot of a few Critical errors, the Details tab. Thanks, John.

Laptops move around. Normally problems like this means a the memory or de SSD/NVM got loose moving the laptop around or makes bad contact. Look in the manual of the laptop on how to (re)place both parts. Cleaning the connectors with a bit of contact spray might help. Make sure you touch a big iron object before replacing the parts to get rid of static electricity. If the problem still occurs follow this instruction:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-memory-management/f367ff60-3076-476c...

And see what's wrong. With the information provided by the test software you can contact the seller or a repair center.  Good luck, I hope my advice will help you.  

Riley_Thomas
Adept I

I’m still trying to pinpoint the exact issue, but I suspect it’s related to having too many browsers and open windows at once. When I work on my projects, I typically have multiple Chrome windows and tabs open, along with additional tabs in Microsoft Edge and Firefox. On top of that, I recently installed a new open-source browser for accessing some restricted websites for my research. Initially, I thought this new browser might be the culprit, but even after uninstalling it, the problem persisted.

However, I made a surprising discovery: when I stopped opening multiple Chrome windows and profiles, the issue vanished! Upon further investigation, I realized that my machine struggles to handle more than four open Chrome windows or profiles simultaneously, regardless of whether other browsers are running. While this conclusion might not seem definitive, it has resolved my problem, and that’s what matters.

0 Likes