cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

drandol4
Journeyman III

Stuck on white LED, why does my motherboard boot every second time?

(New build) When i go to turn on my computer for the first time, i press the power button, the case lights up, fans start running, no display, the motherboard QLED light cycles from Yellow(DRAM), to Red(CPU), to White(VGA), on White, for half a second, the case lights dim, the fans slow, then the lights brighten back up, fans go back to running at normal speed, but the motherboard QLED is stuck on White indefinitely with no display. Now here is where things get odd. Every second time, without fail, the computer will boot up perfectly fine. I've played games for hours on this PC, I'm even typing this forum question on the new PC. It works. I just have to press the power button once, stuck on white, press the power button again to turn off, press the power button a 3rd time and she runs like a perfectly normal computer every single time, but only ever on the second time. My goal is to have this computer boot properly the 1st time.

Things i've tried already:

Turning on/off hibernation and fast boot settings

enabling PCIe power on boot

enabling S5/S4 on boot

checked PowerSW, ResetSW

checked power cables

adjusted GPU settings to use internal graphics (there is no graphics card)

cleared CMOS, replaced CMOS battery, and updated BIOS

Specs:

ASUS X570-Plus (TUF Gaming)

x2 8gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 3200

AMD Ryzen 3400G (cpu/gpu combo)

1000w Glacier PSU by Rosewill*

m.2 SSD, 256gb by Sabrent

Windows 10 Pro OS

*I got a 1000w PSU because it was on a really good sale on Newegg, like 70% off, and it gave me a lot of upgrade down the line potential.

4 Replies

In BIOS/UEFI is your GPU Setting set for the GPU Card and not the IGPU of the Processor? OR is it set to "Auto".

If set to "Auto" then when you installed the GPU Card it should automatically make the GPU Card the main Graphics Display instead of the Integrated Graphics on the Ryzen. IF you remove the GPU card than the Integrated GPU becomes the main Graphics Display.

Remove the GPU Card and see if it boots up with the Rzyen Integrated Graphics. Connect it to the Motherboard's Video Output ports.

If set to "Auto" in BIOS/UEFI try changing it to GPU card instead of IGPU. See if it boots up the first time. If not then change back to "Auto".

Try doing a CMOS CLEAR to set the BIOS/UEFI back to factory settings in case you changed some setting that is causing the issue.

0 Likes

elstaci,

Thank you for your suggestions. I adjusted the GPU settings, no effect. I cleared CMOS and reset BIOS to factory settings, no effect. I adjusted the GPU settings again, no effect.

I also unplugged all USB devices and ethernet, did a shut down and turned it back on, no effect. Even after all these changes, it is still getting stuck on the white qled motherboard light with no POST on the first power on, and works perfectly normal every second power on.

0 Likes

I understand then that you don't have a GPU Card installed and in fact you are using the Integrated Graphics of the Ryzen APU.

It could be possibly the BIOS/UEFI causing the issue. Do you have the latest installed?

If you have the latest UEFI installed then I would open a Asus Support ticket or Online Support Chat and see if they believe the Motherboard needs to be RMAed or you need to install a different UEFI version for your motherboard.

Open a AMD WARRANTY REQUEST (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form ) and ask them their opinion. The AMD Warranty goes into effect as soon as your Retail Warranty expires but you can still open a ticket just to get their opinion. But it sounds more like a Motherboard issue than a Processor issue since it does work normally when it does boot up.

The White LED is saying it is having issues with the Integrated Graphics on the Ryzen the first you time boot up if you have no GPU card installed.

0 Likes

Version 1405 is the latest BIOS for the ASUS X570-Plus, make sure that is installed

0 Likes