Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

daveydaver34
Journeyman III

Stability Issues with New PC Build

Good morning,

I built a new PC towards the end of June 2023 and have been having issues with it which I've been trying to resolve ever since. I've been in contact with Microsoft Support and Gigabyte Support but so far haven't got anywhere so I thought I would try AMD.

The most noticeable problem is with the keyboard and mouse. They are a set and support both Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz connections. Both connection types have intermittent stability issues whereby they either fail to connect or become sluggish. They work fine with my old Windows 10 desktop (the new PC is Windows 11). It doesn't seem to matter if I plug the USB dongle for the 2.4GHz into the system board directly or onto the tower's USB ports. On one occasion I was using a USB Blu-ray drive to watch a movie when the disc suddenly stopped. At this moment the keyboard and mouse also failed to connect. This suggested that there may be an issue with power getting to the USB ports. However I've not had this issue with the disc drive since. I have also upgraded the power supply unit to a higher wattage PSU but it didn't make a difference. I haven't however changed the cables, just the PSU itself. I have adjusted the power settings in Power Management and Device Manager to prevent Windows from turning the power off to the Bluetooth or the USB ports, but this hasn't made a difference either. I've also tried using my wired USB keyboard with the new PC. While it's more consistent, occasionally that fails to work as well.

The other issue I've been having is that I suddenly lose the signal to my TV. When this happens all I can do is physically unplug the computer so that I can then turn it back on again. For some reason holding down the power button won't cut the power like my old PC does. Having just replaced the PSU I think I may have noticed a loose cable so I'm hoping that'll resolve this particular problem. However, I only replaced the PSU this morning and with it being an intermittent fault only time will tell if that's true. The HDMI cable worked fine on my old PC. I've disabled the CPU graphics as I'm using an NVidia graphics card. The HDMI cable is plugged into the NVidia graphics card rather than the system board.

Between myself, Microsoft and Gigabyte the drivers have been reinstalled multiple times. Microsoft are suggesting that I might need a new keyboard and mouse, which doesn't seem likely unless there's a compatibility issue specifically with Windows 11 and not Windows 10. Plus, the keyboard and mouse set are only 1 year old so I would expect them to be fairly current. Gigabyte meanwhile are suggesting that a faulty system board might be to blame. I'm reluctant to dismantle almost the entire PC in order to replace the system board, but if no one responds to this with a solution this is the only option really left open to me at this point.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

System Board: B650E AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X Desktop Processors | AMD

0 Likes
0 Replies