Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

tenprotons
Journeyman III

Sometimes the display turns off, black screen

Hi.
I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QS laptop. Sometimes the display turns off completely after clicking the left mouse button. This happened when working in VScode and Google Chrome. I tried different mice - wired and wireless, the result is the same. At this time, the processor is not overheating, the coolers are barely spinning. When the display turns off, it is impossible to turn off the laptop by briefly pressing the power button - it does not respond, although some work is being done - you can hear the speed of the coolers changing. It can only be turned off by long pressing the power button. If there was music playing at the time, it continues to play - only the display and keyboard do not work. The cooling system is clean. Diagnostics using MyAsus shows that there are no problems.
There are no problems in the driver description either.
I can't take it to the service because I have a lot of work.
What can I do to solve this problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Probably better to contact asus support and/or post on the asus rog forum.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

If I hold down the power button for more than 5 seconds, the laptop simply shuts down.

0 Likes