cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DimDream
Journeyman III

Small stutters and lag on league of legends

Hello everyone. It's been a while now I think after the add of the vanguard programm that I experience some micro stutters and small lags in league of legends no matter what I tried. I even reinstalled windows but the problem still remains .Did anyone else had this issue and fixed it? 

I have ipv6 off, hpet off, nagle's algorith off, gpu drivers up to date with chipsets, game dvr disabled, windows updates up to date, cleared the bin and other trash files. 

Amd radeon rx 580 series

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor

16 gb RAM

60 hz monitor

0 Likes
5 Replies
monami
Adept I

Try disabling DXNAVI and enable shader cache on. You can't find those settings on control center. Nowadays drivers seem like have issues with dx11. Do your research on reddit the things I mentioned. Also you can add me on discord, my id is crystalpoi

0 Likes

Thank you for your time. I will try to do these things and see how it goes

0 Likes

Ok so I went on the Registry and it seems that somehow the DXNAVI was already disabled on my case. Dunno if happened after the latest radeon gpu upgrade or after my last cpu upgrade 2 days ago...I enabled Shader Cache On and disabled Multi-Plane Overlay. Guess I see how it goes after that

0 Likes

That didnt fix the problem. Is there any possibility that direct x12 gives me the lag issues while the direct x 11 might fix it? 

0 Likes
Martin4u
Adept I

"Micro stutters and lag can be frustrating, especially when you've already tried many solutions. Here are a few more things to check:

1. V-Sync Settings: Ensure that V-Sync is either enabled or disabled, depending on your preference. Sometimes toggling this setting can resolve stuttering issues.

2. Background Applications: Close any unnecessary background applications that might be consuming CPU or memory resources.

3. Power Settings: Set your power plan to 'High Performance' in Windows. This can prevent the system from throttling performance.

4. Check for Interference: Verify if other programs or system processes are interfering with League of Legends. Tools like Task Manager can help identify any unusual resource usage.

5. Network Issues: Even though you've turned off IPv6, make sure your network settings are optimized for gaming. Try using a wired connection if you’re on Wi-Fi, and check for any potential network congestion.

6. BIOS Settings: Update your motherboard’s BIOS. Sometimes, BIOS updates can resolve hardware compatibility issues that affect performance.

If none of these steps help, reaching out to Riot Games support might be the next best step. They might have specific recommendations for issues related to Vanguard or other recent updates."

0 Likes