cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

wooyo0
Journeyman III

Simple solution for the 7800XT

After watching multiple reviews on the 7800XT it's clear that the card is decent value for money given the current GPU climate and it's nice to see AMD pricing a cards like this compared to the competition.

Saying that, the should have named they 7800XT just 7800. it just makes SO much more sense given that the card is supposed to be an upgrade to the 6800 which is evident given that A) AMD said themselves that this is the previous gen card it's following and B) they both have the same amount of GPU and raytracing cores.

Given the performance increase from the 6800 to the 7800XT as well, it would make the card look MUCH better calling it the 7800 AND would make the fact that it's close with the 6800XT in performance quite impressive.

After seeing the reviews I thought that AMD only called it the 7800XT to price the card higher, which may in part be true BUT you can find and purchase the 7800XT for LESS than the MSRP of the 6800 when it launched!

IDK maybe it's just me rambling, but I really think that the card would've been received a bit better (not to say that it hasn't) if it had been called the 7800 and would've just made the card look like a TRUE generational increase at a lower cost than the previous generation.

0 Likes
0 Replies