cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mockingbird
Adept II

Ryzen GE Release Date

Does anyone know when Ryzen 2200GE (and 2400GE) will reach the major suppliers?  So far I've not seen it stocked anywhere, and not even listed out of stock in my wholesaler catalogs.

I have a standing order for a build based off it, and I'd like to be able to give my customer an ETA.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
mockingbird
Adept II

ANSWER:

This will NOT be available as a tray prcoessor, and it is exclusive ONLY to vendors and sold directly only to vendors.

Proof positive:
Search for "IdeaCentre 520-24ARR All-in-One Computer" on Google.

AMD has already shipped 2200GE parts out to Lenovo.  Good thing I found that out.  Goodbye Ryzen.  Hello 35W Coffee Lake.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies

AMD hasn't given one, though they are listed on the website so it shouldn't be much longer.

0 Likes

The GE version 2000 series processors are OEM so do not expect them in retail

0 Likes

OEM or no OEM, I've not seen them catalogued at any wholesaler.

I've tried Synnex, ASI, Ingram, etc...

Is this vaporware?  Please tell me AMD so I don't lose this sale with the customer.  Is this actually going to be released?

0 Likes

They're not OEM only, and they're not vaporware as BIOSs have support for them, although the BIOSs were only released about two weeks ago and not all board partners may have yet released an update to add support for them, and AMD doesn't want to release a product without support. Something else to note, ASUS added support for another processor as well with the 2200GE/2400GE BIOS update, the dual core Athlon 200GE. Interesting...

0 Likes

That's a typo where Asus says 65W for the 2200GE, right?

How do you know they're not OEM only?

Ok, Intel T series Coffee Lake was announced on the 2nd of April and I can already obtain them.  If I can't get the GE by the end of next week, I will have to go for an i3-8100t or an i3-8300t.  More expensive, but what can I do...

0 Likes

If they were OEM only then only HP and the other OEMs would have support for them.

amdmatt​ you have any idea on a release date?

0 Likes

Sorry, but your logic is flawed.

Motherboard makers support all CPUs, OEM or not.

The OEM/Tray designation is for CPUs that are sold as is, off the tray so-to-speak.  Wholesalers then buy trays from the CPU vendor and sell them individually.  The problem here is is that NONE of the wholesalers have the 2200GE or the 2400GE in their catalogues, which leads me to believe one of two things:

1)  AMD has poor yields of 35W parts and is only going to sell directly to Acer/HP/Dell, etc... (This is not an unreasonable assumption.  AMD has specific sales divisions dedicated especially for each vendor with unique sales contacts for given vendor
2)  The product is vaporware

Your BIOS theory doesn't sit well.  Take the Asus B350M-A for example (I sold two systems based off of them last week):

amd1.png

BIOS 3203 dates from January.

Honestly, I'm not trying to troll here...  I've got an open order for a system based on this platform.  The regular 2200G ran too hot for my liking in the small form factor case I am using.  I spent the better part of the day dialing random extensions at AMD, and I could not for the life of me get anyone on the phone to answer any questions.

AMD - you really ought to provide a better venue for addressing these types of inquiries.  A forum has its uses, but I could go over to Intel's site and have a rep on the live chat answering my questions within minutes.

mockingbird
Adept II

ANSWER:

This will NOT be available as a tray prcoessor, and it is exclusive ONLY to vendors and sold directly only to vendors.

Proof positive:
Search for "IdeaCentre 520-24ARR All-in-One Computer" on Google.

AMD has already shipped 2200GE parts out to Lenovo.  Good thing I found that out.  Goodbye Ryzen.  Hello 35W Coffee Lake.

0 Likes

Can't you just buy the G version and undervolt/downclock the CPU cores to match the GE part?

0 Likes

I'm selling computers to offices...  What you're saying absolutely will work, but that's just not something I'd do in this type of scenario.

0 Likes