cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Ryzen 7 5700u ramdom BSOD

I have an Envy x360 Ryzen 7 5700u laptop, this PC frequently shows BSOD and always with a different error, it has been in technical service several times, but they have never given a real solution to the problem, in some forums I have seen that this problem is not just on Mi PC. Is there any real solution to this problem?

4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Check for chipset driver updates and of course, graphics driver updates.  After that, you might try getting into the BIOS and look at the memory settings - they might be too aggressive.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Thanks for your answer.

Drivers were updated from HP, BIOS updated, AMD drivers updated, memory modules were changed, SSD disk was changed, and nothing has solved the problem.
HP support does not provide solutions and I do not see any more options.

I still have not had a solution to the problem, all the instructions presented by HP and AMD support have been followed, as well as the advice in various forums, in my search for a solution I have found that the problem is in the processor, the same problem It is presented in several brands using Ryzen 7 processors and in all the cases that I have found there are no solutions, I know that my equipment is no longer under warranty but there should be a greater commitment from AMD to solve it. All of my laptops over time have been with AMD processors and I have never had a problem like this.

I would now try a clean install of Windows 11, followed by all the driver and chipset driver updates from HP.  Back up your data first to an external drive.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes