cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

xelixir04
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 5600 overheating

can someone help how to lower down my cpu temp? playing state of decay 2 in high settings already hitting 80plus°c. idle temp does not even go below 50. bios is updated and below are my pc specs.

ryzen 5 5600x

msi coremag liquid 360 (3fans)

rtx3070

psu 850w

msi gming wif

32gb ram 3600mhz

0 Likes
3 Replies

You are the third User who uses a MSI AIO that has complained about their AMD Processor overheating.

These are the last 2 users using MSI AIO CPU Cooler and having issues:

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/about-amd-threadripper-3990x-strx4-3-7-4-5-ghz-64c-128t/m-p/...

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/water-cooled-5900x-temperatures/m-p/502463#M44939

How are you monitoring your CPU Temperature? Are you using Ryzen Master or some other monitoring software?

First check that your MSI CPU Cooler is installed correctly and has a tight and even fitting on top of the CPU processor's surface.

Make sure the fluid is circulating through the tubes by feeling for vibrations of flowing fluid.

Also the Input tube to the processor should be slightly cooler than the output tube from the CPU Cooler.

Make sure the AIO Pump is running at its recommended RPMs by looking at MSI own CPU Cooler software or other monitoring software.

Make sure you have good Air circulation inside your Computer case and that the Radiator's fan air flow is not obstructed.

That all the Radiator's fans are running at Maximum RPM when it starts getting hot.

If all the above is good then I suggest you open a MSI Support ticket to have them check your AIO CPU Cooler. If possible install a good high TDP Air Cooler to see if you still get the same temps as the AIO CPU Cooler.

If the Air CPU Cooler are lower than the problem is with your MSI AIO CPU Cooler.

yup everything is finger tight and no issues with the mounting of the cpu. i also failed to mention that there is like a crackling sound in the aio whenever i boot up my computer. Im using HWinfo to monitor the temp. i will attach the crackling sound as well as the last picture of the aio i returned for warranty. right now im using just the stock fan and it even performs better than the aio. lol. and oh, there was one time that only 1 fan was spinning and the other 2 was like struggling to spin. clearly its an aio issue.

0 Likes

The "crackling" sound is probably just the AIO's fans spinning up .. I had the same type of sound when I briefly ran a Cougar AIO and finally figured out it was from the fans

...I'm not a fan of AIO's or water cooling in general .. you still need good airflow in your case to keep your VRM's and Memory cool

You might want to return the MSI AIO and invest in a  Noctua air cooler .. I run the stock Wraith cooler from my old 2700x on my wife's 5600x and it keeps it pretty cool .. be quiet! Dark Rock Slim cooler on my daughter's 5800x .. and the Noctua NH-D15 on my 5900x as well as the NH-U12S SE-AM4 on my servers 3700x .. all do a good job of keeping our CPU's cool .. 

Be sure to update your motherboards BIOS to latest

Be sure to update to latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com 

ThreeDee PC specs